Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sweeping statements, just for fun!

Lately we have been known to make interesting sweeping statements round about our house, here are a few choice selections, enjoy;-)
"Chinese and Indians don't like each other, ever!"  Stated G one fine day this week, prompting a short discussion on generalizations, and how they are unfair and untrue, good stuff there!
"Girls don't wear green" again states little man, while mommy is sporting a turquoise top, then when confronted with the evidence against this he regroups and tries "girls don't like green", also tried "Annalisa doesn't wear green", when he became intimate with Annalisa(a friend of the girls) wardrobe is still unclear to me, but needless to say he was shot down in these generalities too.
"Uncle B plays awesome football", this was stated by K, and seconded by G, hmm, the Absent Minded Prof might be a good draft pick for the Pats next year, who do we see about sending him to train? I will be on the sidelines for every game if the AMP makes the cut for the 2011 Patriots football team, GO AMP, GO AMP!!!!!!!
"I might wither and DIE if I don't eat soon!!!"intones J the other night, but as this is a common refrain it is unnoticed, but the funny part is she is trying out new theatrical voices, so this one was in a very deep, forbidding tone(as forbidding as a tiny sprite of a girl can be;-)
"If I don't get 5 minutes of quiet I might just cry", sadly this was stated by me the other night, and magically I got 5 minutes of quiet, the thought of mommy's tears is a scary thing I guess!
"Chinese live in houses just like this"  Mia was referring to the kids playhouse, and no one lives in a house like that if they can help it, it is a bare 5 x 7.  I did have to have another talk about how people are the same, with many of the same things no matter where you go, but that their playhouse was not typical of houses in China, prompting me to reevaluate our world views, hmmmmmm.
That is all I have for now, we will see what else the week brings for tidbits!!!

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte