So, I have been bad about blogging lately, but my friend Cindy, here: thesweetestthing-family.blogspot.com has inspired me to try NaBloPoMo out. You too can join in the fun for the next 30 days, it is easy to sign up and they even give you blogging prompts if you are having blogger's block:-) I don't think they can give you extra hours in the day to actually get to the computer though, and that is what I really need, but alas, I shall have to give up showering for the rest of the month(kidding), maybe brushing my teeth, except I cannot type that fast, so likely sleep will have to go. (That was a terrible run on sentence, bad grammar mommy!!).
so, today the prompt is to write about an item of jewelry, so I shall post on my necklace.
Almost 3 years ago Jon, Julianna, and the not yet met Mia and G, gave me a handmade Africa pendant. It was for Mother's Day, given a few days before we travelled to ET, and it is gorgeous. In the space where Ethiopia sits on the map is a heart cut-out, and to me it reminds me every day that I left a part of my heart in Ethiopia. Part of me will always remain in that beautiful country of my children's birth, and part still beats there, waiting for me to return and take them up into my arms. This is my pendant story.
Check out NaBloPoMo here:www.nablopomo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment