Wednesday, October 6, 2010

cure for the blahs has been found!!!

this is not the usual way I work, I rarely ever blog twice in one day, much less one morning, but I just had to pass this on!!!
I just made, and the kids just hoovered the yummiest, fastest granola, EVER!!!!  It was delish, and so easy, not usually the adjective I use to describe one of me fave breakfast items:-)
the culprit for the blahs, this weather

working towards a cure for these blahs

a cure is at hand:-)

he is cured!!!!!

smiles all around!!!!!
note the star wars fighter in the foreground, that is the plan for the afternoon,
a battle will commence!!!
So, here it is, the weather is nasty out, rain, rain, rain, and a weird humid coolness, just sticks to you, UCK!!!!!  So, I searched for this yummo recipe, I had seen it not too long ago, and went a-hunting, and found it, of course, at Mary's blog,www.owlhaven.net/2010/09/08/more-reasons-to-own-a-cast-iron-skillet,

Quick Skillet Granola
1 cup old-fashioned (large flake) oats
1/4 cup sesame seeds, and/or hemp seeds, and/or flax seeds
1 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. honey or golden syrup (such as Roger’s or Lyle’s)
a shake of cinnamon
a pinch of salt (optional)
a handful of raisins or dried fruit (optional)
Put everything into a large, heavy skillet (cast iron is perfect) set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until the granola is well coated and golden. Set aside to cool and stir in raisins or dried fruit.
I did not use the sesame seeds, don't have any on hand, and I added coconut to toast up a bit too, so it is flexible.


It is, as stated, fast and simple, with only a few ingredients, and turned a blah day into a sunny, funny day, so thanks Mary, and I hope this helps another mom, on a yucky blahs kind of day!!!

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte