Well, the hunt is on for the perfect colors for our living room. Why we decided to begin this at the end of my month long vacation is beyond me, except, oh yeah, Jon is off for the next week, so this means he will be available to actually do the manual labor, that was the reason:-)
I have been collecting color chips today, and they come in crazy shades. Seriously, people must spend gobs of time creating new paint names, they are strange and wonderful in their evocativeness(not a real word, but a good one I think). Currently I am eyeing a Spanish olive, transporting myself to the warm fields of Spain perhaps, for the evening, or tahini, nice and rich and creamy sounding, pup tent is just kind of funny, a warm childhood memory comes over me with that one, how about pineapple upside down cake, I smell a kitchen full of baked goods, vintage yellow and cornucopia make me feel elegant and old world classy(not really us, but a nice image, no?;-). Then there are the plant images and names, and for any who know me this is a huge sensory button with me, I love gardens, and just the thought of dill and chamomile transport me to a cool quiet country garden(a million miles from my own garden of course;-).
Choosing the colors is harder if I look at the names I think, I may have to cut that part off and tape it to the back, and just go with the look of the colors together, I will soon be taping color chips to the walls and the squinting at the walls shall then commence;-)
I will have to post pics part way through the process, since many things are about to change in here, but now I must get to the taping, before the hubby gets home and sees the mess of choices strewn across the table, and I had better hide the faux finish idea guide I picked up, because really, can you beat a cornbread or a pineapple upside down cake, glazed, I think not;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment