I have recently started an Amish friendship bread mix, and will presently be giving it out to all of my unsuspecting friends, those lucky folks:-)
I love to bake, and cook, and often make things for people who are not feeling well, or had a baby, or people that i just like a lot, I make things for them, just what I do. I have recently decided to make my own Amish bread starter, and have been searching recipes of what I can make with it once the starter is ready, and every 10 days thereafter. I have found some truly awesome recipes to use this mix in, everything from cakes and cookies to muffins and biscuits, yum!! Now I have to wait until I have a ready starter, then I can begin experimenting with some of these interesting new goodies, like applesauce chocolate chip cookies, or caramel apple cake, or maybe a cinnamon streusel pecan bundt cake, choices, choices. I am not sure any one will be getting any starter from me for a while, I may be using it to make treats for us all, since having an extra lunch to make every day requires yummy snacks, this might do the trick and keep it interesting:-)
Thank you to Kate and Antone who went shopping with me yesterday, they helped to find the perfect new glass jar home for my starter, nice and wide mouthed for scooping, but heavy duty, and a plastic cover, and it even looks pretty, what a great friend!!! They will be one of the first to get starter, and of course some goodies to go with it;-)
If you are interested in trying out this easy and cheap-o recipe just go to the link I have below, and if you get tired of making it for a while you can always freeze it, just bag it in 1 cup measures. When you are ready for bread pull out, thaw, and use, or if you want to begin the starter again, pull out, let sit for a day to activate, then add the day 5 ingredients and off you go, happy baking:-) http://www.armchair.com/recipe/bake002.html
1 comment:
Looking forward to our starter! thanks for a very fun afternoon!
Post a Comment