Once this was done then we moved on to independent reading of ancient Sumer books and a really cool book on insects. Then it was free play time and lunch, followed by swim class, and some reading of Little House on the Prairie a full and fulfilling day.
For me I got to investigate the yard, make stuffed shells for dinner, plan other meals, and best of all I got to have some creative time come up with fun ideas for this summers classes. Yes, you read right, we do classes in the summer too, we school year round, my poor little babes;-)!! So, I got free time to read a favorite homeschool book, and come up with some cool science and history ideas, as well as a few fun ideas for mapping and a lapbook on our local ocean life. So, we have some fun awaiting us, and I had a wonderful day planning and researching areas of study, a homeschool mommies dream day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment