It all began with him yanking his sister off the swing, not nice, but he ran and screamed at me, a sure sign he was losing control, then fell apart on the way to the van,probably scaring all of the mommies at our co-op picnic half to death, sorry ladies! He proceeded to beat the inside of the van while I got the girls rounded up, and we made a hasty retreat, with a howling monster, screaming at me from his seat, oh what fun...
Fast forward to home, where he was still spitting mad, literally, and i am still in control of my patience, mercifully, thank you God for that grace. I am waiting him out, the end was near, he was almost at the end of his tether, when he starts to weep, saying his "heart hurts". I am sure it does buddy... I explained to him that the part of God that lives in him is the part that hurts, he has just hurt God, by hurting his sister and mommy. This revelation(to him) was followed by a a discussion of what happened and how he could have acted in a Godly way, and now he is quietly laying, too tired out to be upset any more. He still has to apologize to his sister, but is not ready yet to do it well and mean it, so he is pondering. He did get the shock of his life though when I had to explain to him that I was not concerned if he did not really like me, and thought I was mean, it is not my job to make him like me, surprise to him!!! I did it though, I held my, albeit shaky, ground and stood firm and calm(that was hard since inside I was wringing his neck a few times), but I did it, and am now hoping to reap the fruit of my labor, since I know that once he rests he will be very contrite and want to reassure me of his love for me. So for now Mr Hyde has gone back into hiding, and Dr Jekyll is back, and hopefully in time he will be more able to control his transformation, until then I get to continue in my role of enforcer, ah well, the roles of a mommy are never dull, and he is a blessing no matter the personality, God loves him and so do I inner monster and all:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment