Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just a bump on our road...

So, thankfully, yesterday was just a bump on our road to lifelong learning and a harmonious home. Whew, I had been a bit worried, as the hits just kept coming yesterday, it never really let up until I went to bed, and laid there, and laid there, and laid there, then finally, slept.
It is rare for me to have a really bad day, people ask all the time, how can you be so upbeat and sane with 5 kids under 7 all the time, and really it is not hard, they are funny, sweet, smart and curious kids, and someone is always trying to drive me crazy, and someone is always making me laugh, and the other 3 are asking questions about being crazy, or what made me laugh, so really, I don't have time to have a bad day!!:-)
Today I awoke refreshed and ready to start the whole learning and living thing all over again, I sat down with each child and we discussed the problems, and ways to resolve them, and came up with specific areas that need improvement, and how they think they might work to improve. I find this approach very useful, since the kids get a say in how and what they think needs to be better, and I get the chance to reiterate what the problems are, and what the expectations are. This went smoothly, and the kids had a really good day, they worked quietly, unsupervised for almost an hour, while I took the opportunity to do some creative art work things that are a gift for my sister, over all a perfect respite and recharge for all of us.
So, the small bump, that yesterday threatened to erupt in Mt Etna is, in hindsight, really only the size of Yawgoo, whew, another hurdle overcome... Now on toward the next one.

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte