Saturday, November 21, 2009

A captured moment, relived.

Yesterday I was looking for a few recipes we got while in Ethiopia from the cooks at the guest house, and came across the journal entries I made after meeting Gabe ad Mia's birth mother. I started to read, and remember, and soon could not read anything through the tears in my eyes. I had forgotten how profound an effect that meeting had on me. I have not forgotten her, but small details had faded, from the meeting itself. Rereading my thoughts and impressions of the day brought it all rushing back, and I was there again, the memories clear and crisp, the feel, the smells, the feelings all of it was there again. I am so glad that I wrote it all down that evening, every little detail and memory, because I know that one day Amelia and Gabe will read those words, and they too will go back, and they will see, through my memories, that captured moment in time.

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte