Yesterday we went and dropped off Gabriel's shoe boxes for the Operation Christmas Child. While there we asked and were told that the gifts from this drop site were going to Africa, of all the places in the world they could be sent they are going to Africa. yes, I know that it is a huge continent, but still, they are headed toward where a part of our hearts will always lay. The lady who was doing the collecting said that she would try to find out just where the boxes were going, and email me. We are thrilled, we sent a note in each box, written by the girls and there are blank cards with our address in them too, so that the kids can send back a note, through Samaritan's Purse to us for the girls, we are hoping that one of them might, the kids would be thrilled!! I am so proud of Gabe, and the girls for doing this, they were so excited to buy items, even knowing that they did not get to play with or keep any of them. It was a hard task to pack each box, we had to try to fit in all the stuff, plus tons of extra love, and we wanted each child, 2 boys and 2 girls, to get everything, and know that we really cared about them and wanted them to feel God's love through us. I hope we succeeded in that goal, lofty as it is, but I know that the kids got a lot out of it, and I think we will make this our new tradition to do every year, maybe try to get others involved, our homeschool friends or the Awana group perhaps, but for now we are pleased to have done some good, and spread some love to other children of God, in AFRICA!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment