Tuesday, October 27, 2009

llama Drama

We have been having a lot of llama drama around our house lately!! The Llama, llama mad at mama, book is great, about a funny little llama who does not really want to go shopping, then has to deal with the irritations and itchiness of the stores, and how he loses it completely. That has been my life lately, minus all the shopping. Gabe has been a little llama drama lately, alot, and he now manages to fall apart at least once per day, and can drop like a stone with an ear piercing wail over nearly nothing, ugghhh!! It is exhausting, and at one point it was really embarrassing, but not so much any more, I am way beyond embarrassed now, I can manage to lug him, and Esther out of a store, and buckle his flailing, kicking, writhing little form into his carseat with the minimum of bruises sustained by said kicking and writhing feet, it is tricky, but can be done. I am now that mom that will shop with her kid screaming on the bottom of the cart, because otherwise we would starve. Other days he is peaches and cream, until I ask him not to run pell mell through the throng of parents at school pickup, on the blacktop, then you would think I had just told him I had gleefully torn apart his fave Mickey Mouse toy, he just flies apart, into a huge sobbing, snotty, llama drama, and nothing makes it end, oh the utter exhaustion some days, I am not sure how he has the stamina to keep this up. Today he screamed through the closed bedroom door "mommy, I am being nice now... open the door!!" how this was nicer is beyond me, but I did open the door when he stopped screaming at me, some days it is mind boggling, others it is kind of funny how this little bundle of energy can be a pile of slobbery, sobbing mush, and I still love him, just prefer him at a lower volume, with less defiant kicking and hitting, but the screaming that he was being nicer was nearly my undoing today, I almost laughed myself silly over that!!
Ah well, this stream of consciousness has run itself out, I am off for bed, tired and have a cold, so llama drama is even more dramatic, and echoes worse in my stuffy head, Ouch:(

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte