I know that this is the way of life, but that does not make me like it any better, I hate having my kids in pain and being able to do nothing. It's like when you are on the playground and see others being mean or pushy to your kids, but know that you cannot really step in, they need to learn to stand for themselves, and they have to learn to face the world on their own, but why??!!!!! Having kids that are black, especially a boy, makes this even more important to learn, there will come a day when I have to let my little guy leave the house, knowing that others who see him will not see my baby, but a young black man, and they may feel threatened by that, it just sucks!! To know that my girls may be picked on and looked down on because they love each other and their brother, and others think their interracial sibling relationship is wrong. Not being able to defend my babies to the world, and from the world is the hardest part of parenting to me, made harder by the racial dynamics of our life, but I know that they will prevail and have happy, fulfilled and faithful lives, God will care for them as they are His first, mine second(and third as well). More immediately though, I feel for my girly girl, she is likely upset, and hurting, and all I can do is have Popsicles and yogurt smoothies ready for when she returns home(no I could not even go to the dentist it hurts me that much!)
Join us in discovering the adventures that await us on our path to grace in our God, come see what this family loves...
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
the Great tooth Fairy....
Poor baby, Julianna is currently getting one of her baby molars removed, YIKES!!!!! My poor little girl has a broken tooth, and has for a while, well the dentist wants it out, and I agree, it bothers her, but she is frightened by the dentist too. This is one of those times where I hate to be a mom, I cannot make it better, cannot even help really, since my being there makes her more upset and jumpy, and I cannot make it just go away, she has to go through this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte
No comments:
Post a Comment