Join us in discovering the adventures that await us on our path to grace in our God, come see what this family loves...
Monday, June 1, 2009
It's a darn good thing...
It's a darn good thing that we have decided to homeschool, as I am not cut out for the regular getting ready and off to school thing. I cannot manage to get us dressed, washed, brushed and out the door on time very well, today it was my fault, but generally it just does not work. I am not sure how normal moms and dads do it, maybe I should take lessons on getting ourselves together and out the door, but then I think, why??!!! I do not need to go anywhere, and school runs just fine if we are in our jammies and have not yet brushed our hair and teeth. As long as there is enough coffee, and 2 bowls of cereal we are all happy learners. Just today, before going to our playgroup, that we were of course running late to, we worked on our clock reading skills, and the girls are getting good, and then we had some reading time, before rushing to get it all together, and get out the door. I am not sure how my friends all get up and get their kids ready at the crack of dawn, it must be a gift that I do not have, and don't really want if I am being honest. I prefer to sleep late(like 7am) and get up slowly, let the kids play before breakfast, then get around to school about 8 or so, after coffee, and planning what we have to get through for the day. It is a nice routine that is totally flexible, and allows for us to play an extra long time, or use the computer, or read a really good book, depending on what mood strikes us at the moment, so boy am I darn glad we don't have to adhere to others strange rules of timing, WHEW!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte
No comments:
Post a Comment