Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ugly outside, fun and fabuluously yummy inside!!

Add a cup or so of this:
Good strong Ethiopia coffee, please note that it is organic, fair trade coffee, and Jeff and Kate found it at Shaw's, thanks guys!!



And a bunch of these: Peanut butter chips and butterscotch chocolate chips, does it get any better?!!!



To a baggie of these: They make everything better, and Caramella Surprise that much more surprising!!




Adding this in is bound to make anything better;)


Then you add one of my fave treats;), and once you mix together you get a fab treat!!



Me and my big girl, a baking queen!!



Julianna with the cake we are having tomorrow, what a baker!!



Mia with her master pieces, they were YUM!!!!



Me and my little chef


Gabe doing his best to get the caramella surprise into his mouth;)!!



Julianna all but shoveling the caramella surprise in!!


Mia is very intent on getting the last bits out of the bottom of the cup!!


What a yucky day out, rain early on and now it is spitting snow, yuck!! With a nasty wind blowing, and snow falling on my daffodils, and my sweet pea seeds(poor babies!) I decided that I needed to do something yummy and tasty, and I just had to fill the house with yummy smells, MmMmMm. I drafted some little helpers and we made a lovely loaf of foccaccia, I whipped up a delicious crock pot of spaghetti sauce, and for dessert, the piece de resistance(said with all the French flair you can muster!!) Mocha Caramella Surprise! Caramella(with a rolling R and L sounds) is the Ethiopian word for treats, or goodies. The girls helped me mix all the ingredients and the results were fab!! Here is the recipe:
Mocha Caramella Surprise:
1 box chocolate cake mix
eggs called for on the box( I usually replace 1 egg with 2 tbsp applesauce)
instead of the water called for on the box I use coffee brewed strong
oil(if you are health conscious you can use applesauce here too)
1 cup of your fave goodies, M&M's, heath bars, coconut, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips etc.
A scoop of whipped cream to top

Mix all the ingredients together, and grease your cake pan well, or use tin foil cupcake cups, and bake well, it might take a bit longer to bake due to the goodies, but it is well worth the extra wait time, as the kids faces can attest!!

Between fresh foccaccia, fresh spaghetti sauce and a delish dessert, we forgot all about the nasty weather and the kiddos are all happily playing Legos with daddy now!!!! Now I must publish this and go leap into the interplanetary fray of Star Wars battles that is currently being played out a few feet away!!!

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte