Sunday, April 5, 2009

Congrats Jon you did it!!!

Here he is, just after crossing the finish line!!



Here the kids are, all psyched for the race
They look like they are practicing for a parade don't they? :)


Getting ready to jam his tunes and run a great race!


He did it, my amazing hubby did it, he finished his 5K in less than 30 minutes!! He had wanted to make a 30 minute race, but finished in about 28 minutes, go baby!!! I took the pics of him before the race and after, I accidentally took a short video too, but he looks great truckin' right along right to the finish! The kids and I watched him start the race 1/2 way back in the pack, and then we walked to the finish line to cheer for him there too, the kids were so excited. I cannot wait for them to get to cheer for daddy in the big 1/2 marathon next month, they will be wildly cheering I am sure! Big good job for my baby though, he did great, I am very proud of his finish, and so is he!!!
On a different note, we took pics of the kids for Easter today, and they looked so cute! The girls are in their coordinating dresses, and G in his handsome sweater, very nice!! Thankfully our kids really like having their pictures taken, it is just a matter of getting them to all look at you at the same time;)!! They did really well though from a quick look I took at the digital shots on the computer, just a bit of cropping and the pics will be all ready for Easter. We got some great shots of each kiddo and quite a few of them all together, and they look so sweet, and so BIG!! I am amazed at how much they have grown, even since their Christmas pics!! How did that happen;)!!!
I realized that this is the last of the holidays that Mia and Gabe have not experienced, everything else they have done, but this is their first Easter, first time coloring eggs, first egg hunt, first Easter baskets, the last, first of them all. Trying to explain the Easter bunny has been challenging, especially in light of the fact that Mia knows about Easter being when Jesus rose from the grave, but we are doing our best:)

Here is the ultra short video of Jon finishing the race, sorry for the bumpy hand. It is hard to accidentally record while holding a squirmy 3 year old back from heading out into the race course to join daddy!!! Sorry it is sideways too, not sure how to fix that, Jon is wearing the red shorts!

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte