Friday, March 20, 2009

sleeping angels!




There are some nights,
I watch you while you sleep,
I swear I hear the sound of beating wings.
Wild angels,
Wild angels,
watching over you and me.
Wild angels,

Wild, wild angels,
What else could it be!


Truly, how blessed am I, my babies are so funny and smart when awake, but when sleeping they are achingly beautiful. They make my mommy heart just swell and stutter, I cannot even come up the the right words to say how much they mean to me, and how much I love them. This is the time when I can look at the girls and almost believe that they are not really growing up and turning into young ladies, it is these times that I can still pretend for a while longer that they are my babies. I can caress their sweet sleep-pink cheeks and kiss their rosebud lips, and just drink in the smell of little girl that clings to their sleeping self. I love every minute of seeing them like this, and could not help but share their sweetness!! Every night I pray that the angels of all who have gone before us watch over them, I know that Abba, Grandpa Ralph, Grandma Irma, Grandpa Hal, and all the others tuck them safely into their wings until dawn comes again to wake their mischievous little hearts, Bless them!!!
J
PS if you re curious, G and Mia both wear caps to protect their hair when they sleep(dog fur is our nemesis!!), J is slightly envious of this :)

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte