Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Great coffee and life philosophies, it's all at Starbucks!!

I love Starbucks, really I do, and I have even more reason to love it now!! I have a new love for the green and white logo, because if you turn it 'round then you can find an interesting idea, philosophy, viewpoint,or quote on the back. The Way I See It # 76 is a fave of mine, I have gotten it a few times now and really like, if only because it supports my own philosophy and ideals. It goes like this:

"The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life." Anne Morris .

I love this, as I have always felt that marrying Jon was an incredibly liberating thing. About 6 months after we were married I woke up and wondered what I had done, who had I married?!!? It was scary, but oddly comforting, as I realized that not only was I stuck with this great guy, but he was stuck with me too, Fabulous!! How liberating this momentary illumination was, suddenly I did not have to pretend, or act, he and I were in this for the long haul together, YEAH for me!!!! Poor him;)
I am now finding that I am committed to being a great stay at home mom, no longer will I look it as a second choice job, or an optional choice, but a truly great first choice option. This is a path I am committed to, even if it means that I have to return to a job part time to stay home with the kids more, I am committed, and have no more internal struggles about this choice, it is the best one for me, and for the kids too.
I am committed, and may in time need to be committed;)

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte