Friday, March 13, 2009

Just a quick update for my running fans....

Well I have been getting better and with only 7 weeks left I have been getting out more and more I am up to 10-12 miles a week ( last week), Last Sat was my first week for my running club at the Ymca, we did 6.5-6.75 miles nice first time out but I felt great no pain, and I kept up with the coach. With all of the Geo-caching this past weekend I put a little more strain on my knee then i should have I am thinking. ( it was sore sun-tue) then it rained and I did not get out until today. I did about 8.5 miles in a record 01:25:05 my personal best but yes i am a little sore good thing i have a down day before the run club! but I do have to add this. I was on about mile 5 on the way home running on the sidewalk and just crossing a side street in the cross walk, when a car ( punk kid) came flying up the street and stopped in the cross walk just in front of me. When i went to go around him and tap his hood to say HEY WATCH OUT! he guns it with out looking and Splat goes Jon. well not splat but I hit his hood with my hands and caught his mirror and it spun me around on the street. He almost didn't stop until I screamed at him, after he pulled over he gets out and says I didn't see you. ( you can tell from my blog pics I am not a small guy). I said i am wearing a bright red shirt and I am not a tiny guy and told him to pay attention to where he is going when driving. But alas I am all right and made it home in one piece. thanks to all my friends and family for the encouragement and thanks to God for the strength to get out and go running until next time God Bless Jon

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte