Thursday, February 12, 2009

How has it gotten to Thursday already??!!!?? I still have things left on my to do list from Monday, Yikes!! So many things still to do, and most of the way through the week already, how did I do it all when I worked full time?
Earlier this week we got back to the Y, and took the kids in to swim, and they will start to have swim lessons soon too, thank goodness, I am not sure my heart can handle much more of G flinging forward into the water and not being able to come back up well!! He loves the water, and I want him to be able to be in it safely, but it is hard as the water is cool, and his muscles contract, making it hard for him to extend his right arm at all, so this is very problematic to say the least. They do love the pool though, and have no fear of it, Mia will go straight under and touch the bottom and then push back up, she loves it, and J is finally getting to where she is comfortable putting her whole face in the water, yeah!! I will have to get photos to share of them all, they look so cute and happy in the water, my little fishies!!
The weather here has been great, very warm, so we have been out playing quite a bit lately, and yesterday we walked up to the library, and the fruit market, and post office, trying to exercise and conserve fuel may help me to lose those out of work pounds I have gained!! I am not helping much of course since I feel the need to bake or cook yummy things lately to bring me out of my current funk. I made homemade tortillas the other day, yummy, but not really tortilla like, more pastry like. I will have to try again, but we liked the results we got anyway!! Of course with Valentine's Day coming we have some baking to do, thanks Patti for letting use use your oven, as mine knew that right now I could not afford to buy a replacement flow valve, and it decided to die on me, GGRRRR!!! Thankfully my trusty crock pot and broiler and stove top still work so we are still eating, not reduced to sandwiches and the microwave, and since it is so nice out maybe I will make Jon go and BBQ something soon!!
On a different note, recently on the Forum someone posted about kids with CP, and I pm'd them back. A few other moms posted though and I was able to contact them and now know some others who struggle and work as hard as we do for the simple triumphs, like G has mastered the one leg stairs going up, wahoo!! This is a hard feat for a kid that could barely walk 9 months ago. Sometimes it is hard, since in the IA community we are something of loners as our issues are different and more diverse, and in many cases more frustrating. Not that adoption in itself is not hard and frustrating and all, but I sometimes get so frustrated and discouraged by G and his difficulties, truly, will I have to button his pants and shirts, tie his shoes, and zipper his jacket until he is 30? Some days these questions nearly overwhelm me, along with so many others about his future health, and autonomy, and just teaching him the basics of certain things requires all of my creativity and energy it is exhausting and discouraging some times. Amazingly for him it does not seem as discouraging and he rarely gets frustrated by him lack of ability, but for me a group of parents who get the difficulties and can commiserate and truly understand is invaluable, so I am happy to have found them and also found info about different CP groups, some in the area, that can help and provide info and support, very cool!!
On a totally different note, Julianna is a true reader now, she can pick up a 1st reader book and sound out and read 80%-90% of the words by herself, YEAH!! Mia is still struggling with this a bit, but doing very well in her school work, she will be reading easily soon, and G can count to 20, no problem, and knows all of his shapes and colors too, he can also copy shapes and forms by sight, a big deal for him!
Gotta go we have V-Day gifts to work on, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte