Vacation was great and terrible!! It always seems to be that way, it is tiring and fun and wonderful and messed up all at once, why is that?!! This is especially true for little G, he had a hard time with all the changes, and messy sleep patterns, not good for our newly established sleep routine. For a while we had been able to get him to sleep, and if he woke he just cuddled back down in the blankets and went back to sleep, no crying out for mommy 5-8 times per night, thank goodness!! Vacation of course throws this right off, new place to wake up in, strange smells, sounds etc, and weird hours all contrive to throw everything out of whack. Now home he is not sleeping well at all, and is up every 2 hours crying out for me, fun, fun, fun!! He will not go back to sleep easily wither, so a double whammy, yuck!! I had made the decision to go and stand in his door, not go in, and tell him to settle in to the covers, and go back to sleep, and had been doing mostly that for a few nights, with mixed results, but last night I hit the wall, I was just too tired to drag myself out of my warm and cozy bed, so I let him cry!! Terrible mommy that I am, I heard him and let him cry for a bit, he is a bit of a drama king, so he can work himself up, and force sobs, but I know the sound of real distress and decided that if he was truly upset I would go right down, or if he continued for more than 5-10 minutes I would go down and settle him, nice justification to keep me in my warm bed, HUH?!! Well after about 6 minutes or so the cries slowed, then stopped, started up a few times more for a minute, then stopped al together, Voila we have gone back to sleep, yeah for both of u s!! G is a grea tkid for routine, but bad for breaking them, and this had become a routine for him, so hopefully I will remain strong for a few more nights to create a new routine, he did wake again about 3 and cried for a few minutes before huffing and flopping back around in bed, then silence, Wahoo!!!
On the upside of vacation the trip home established a good potty routine for him, every time we stopped for a break the girls used the bathroom, and so did he, he only had 4 dirty diapers the whole ride home, WOW!! He is doing well here at home too, and his reward for using the potty is to get to run naked through the house for a while, he loves it, and it makes him happy, so there you go, I would bribe him with candy or snacks, but naked bum seems to be enough!! Silly little man!!
More about our fun on vacation later, but now we have a potty break coming up, so I have to go make sure he dopes not fall in the toilet, he did that once a few weeks ago, it was hysterical, well not to him, but to me at least;)!! love and hugs, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment