Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What a whiner I am!!!!

I am such a whiner, it is ridiculous how whiny I can be, and I am a grown adult, disgusting!!!! I had every intention of writing today and complaining about how terrible the kids were yesterday, and that the best part of the day was when they all went to bed!! Instead I decided to read a friends blog, Tesi's blog is great, she is funny and smart and driven in ways that astound me!! You can read her blog on our side bar, please do, it is moving and great all the time!! I read it, and am now moved to not write a poor me blog, but a pleading, praying, beseeching blog to all who read, please help Tesi and her cause and us as well!!! Tesi has (with some friends assistance), decided to eradicate the loss of life due to unsafe drinking water. This seems like a huge goal, but as she broke it down it seems very doable really!! As Tesi states $20 will keep a person in Africa in water for 20 or so years, amazing, and since unsafe drinking water kills more than wars every year, this is a very real need!!! To think I wanted nothing more than to whine here today, and have been verbally slapped and reminded of just how luck y i truly am, not to have to walk for miles to get dirty water that can kill the babies I have struggled so long to have and hold!!
I read and reread Tesi's blog, and then asked J if she wanted to help out. Last year she decided to give her gifts from her birthday away to Toys for Tots, this year she wants "Water For Christmas"!!! I will be sending out invites for her birthday party as well as having Jon post the link to donate on our blog, and we will collect money and donate in J's name and try to build her a well in Africa. I also plan to put out something in our church and get other parishoners to donate, see if we can generate some interest in the local market as well, so watch out everyone, I will likely solicit you for funds, even your kids allowance money if I can get it!!
Tesi and friends have created a great website that I will be providing a link to, and I will also import some of her stats and info, I really want anyone who reads this blog to help out in any way they can, our kids have safe water, but so many of God's children do not, so please help!!!
That is all, I have gotten my whine's out, thanks to Tesi and her drive, I will do all I can to give my babies a well to give to the world's children!!!
love and hugs to all, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte