Seriously, could the day get any better, I got an extra hour of sleep thanks to daylight savings, my angels are quietly watching Little Einstein's snuggled on the couch, my dear hubby is snoozing happily(I get to go cuddle with his warmth soon!!), the smell of molasses and honey from homemade granola is filling the kitchen, and I have a hot cup of coffee and get to sit and blog for a bit in piece. It was a wonderful Halloween, we carved our pumpkins on Friday after naps, the kids had fun watching daddy carve Cinderella's castle and "Gus Gus" the mouse, with a power saw, what fun!! The girls were game to "ungoop" the pumpkins with mom, but one look was all it took and Little G refused to have anything to do with that messy stuff!! It is too funny since he is willing to make mudpies and dig in nastiness all the day long, but pumpkin guts are apparently too much for him!! Mia was a great helper in cleaning the pumpkin seeds with me, while J emptied out the last of the stringers and seeds into our bowls, we were a well oiled machine, so now we have seeds toasting for snackin' yummy!! We went to Grammy's neighborhood for trick or treating, this is where many of the kids little friends live, and it is a quiet neighborhood to walk around in too. It was fun, we headed out early, while it was still light, and the girls quickly worked out a nice system of ringing the bell and trick or treating, poor G had to hustle to keep up, but managed to get quite a bit of "BOOty" just the same!! I am not a big one for dressing up, but Jon loves it, and had a wonderful Tin Man costume, all painted sliver with black seams and rivets, very cool Honey!! J looked very sweet as Dorothy Gayle with braids and blue plaid ribbons in her hair, Mia was a very sweet looking Glenda the good witch, with Minnie Mouse hair bobs and a wand, and G looked "Furrrrociuos" as the Cowardly lion in a second hand lion costume I got him, very sweet!! I was the Scarecrow, but like I said I am not big on dressing up so it was okay, more fun to walk "Toto" aka Cricket our Peke, and watch the kids having fun. I get to partake of the largess anyway, since the Great Pumpkin visits our house, and has for a few years now. The girls picked out candy to keep, then put the candy for the GP in a bowl, and he left them 5 Disney Dollars each(WOW!!) and a certificate for new fish, pumpkin seed tetras and ghost shrimp of course!! The kids are so excited about them, they think it is cool to watch the shrimp eat, you can see them digest the food, gross but fun at the same time!!
My DH is so fab that he rented a movie, since Friday is the first night in a long time neither of us had to work, so we hung out and cuddled on the couch and ate popcorn and pilfered candy and watched a movie, the headed for bed after a long and sugar filled day, what a great time!!
Must go now, my granola needs turning and I have to get ready for church, and my kids peace is at an end, G is such an instigator, he is always the one who ruins the peaceful moments, he tortures his sisters, naughty little man!! I will write about his birthday dinner later and my thoughts on my baby getting older!! J
No comments:
Post a Comment