I have been thinking lately about how lucky we are to have such wonderful kids!! Really they are all wonderful, mostly I blog about Little G, he makes such strides every week, but I have been thinking about the girls mostly lately.
It was pointed out to me recently that it could have been horrible, having two little girls about the same age living so close to each other all the time. This is normal in many families, but add that they hardly knew each other and had not grown into a comfortable routine and understanding of the others quirks, and it could have been messy!! There were a few weeks where things were touch and go between the girls, and we did a lot of refereeing and separating, but that simmered down quickly and now they are the best of friends. If you me them for the first time now you would never know that they have only been sisters for 5 months, they seem to flow into each other, from activity, conversation to conversation with no effort or understandable connection, but they just know each other!!
My sister and I were very close, and still are, she is my best friend, and my favorite playmate when we were kids. As we got older we made new friends, but were still close, and now that we are the length of the eastern seaboard apart we are still close. I cannot imagine not having my sister, not having that playmate who could, and still can finish my thoughts, and follow my conversational ping pong ball, with hysterical additions of her own!! We are incredibly in tune with each other, and have learned to agree to disagree on a few things, but mostly agree, and get a long great, and love nothing better than to hang out and chat and have a fun time like when we were kids!! This is what I wanted for Julianna when she was a singleton, to have someone to whisper secrets in the night to, someone to know what the Barbie should say and do next!! It used to hurt me to see J all alone all the time, but now to see the two girls together is amazing, they boss each other around, they giggle and get the other wound up and into to trouble often, they make up stories together to act out, and in general complete the other perfectly. Not to say there are not arguments, but very few, mostly there are giggles, silly faces and general hugs and love, I am so lucky!! It is hard to describe how close and well suited these two are for each other, but the pics I added can assist.
Twinning two almost 5 year olds is not easy, but with patience, persistence, and a very similar personality from each it can be the most wonderful thing ever, I was noticing recently that most of the pictures we have of the kids are of the girls together, doing something, and Gabe by himself hanging out, maybe he needs a twin too:) Maybe someday, but for now Mama can be his buddy, I don't mind!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment