This tries to sum up what Jamie was Blogging about latter ( I hope Tesi does Not mind I borrowed it from her)"the reason this blog is difficult is because I have no idea what gets you readers fired up. There is no way to explain what and why people get passionate about certain subjects. So I’ll try to address a few here.
You the statistical type?
The United States spends $450 BILLION on Christmas A YEAR.
It would take just $10 BILLION for EVERYONE IN THE WORLD to have access to clean water.
Every day 4500 children die of water borne illnesses due to no access to clean water. In a week, 42,000 people die; 90% of those are children under 5.
Unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all sickness and disease, and kills more people every year than all forms of violence, INCLUDING WAR.
1.1 BILLION people on our planet lack access to safe, clean drinking water. That is ONE in SIX of us.
$20 can give a person in Africa clean, safe drinking water for 20 YEARS.
Statistics not for you? How about God and/or Christianity and/or needing to tithe and don’t know where to put it?
Re-read this post.
Stop being okay with what is happening to our brothers and sisters across the world. DO something about it. Something big.
Take what you learn in your Bible studies and your church services to the world. Stop talking amongst yourselves about how awesome Jesus was; SHOW the world how awesome He IS.
I can talk to you all like this because I am one of you crazies.
Not a Christian? Totally turned off by my Christianese?
You’re human right? This is not a Christian or non-Christian thing we’re doing. It’s a human thing.
This is what Jody wrote about “us” (the orphan ministry) and why we’re doing it: “We are people. Moms, Dads, Sons, Daughters. United by the desire to keep our eyes and hearts open. To increasingly live for things bigger than ourselves. So this Christmas season, we’re going to give up something. Big somethings. Little somethings. Going without so the people in Liberian villages can have access to clean water. The Moms, Dads, Sons, Daughters.” This mission is humanity’s mission; not specific to one group of people."
Cut out 1 present for each child and give him/her WATER FOR CHRISTMAS. Stop exchanging gifts with your significant other and give them WATER FOR CHRISTMAS.
You know those parents who constantly remind you they need nothing? Give them WATER FOR CHRISTMAS.
Just do it (thanks, Nike) give WATER FOR CHRISTMAS.
More on the “how” later. Thanks for hanging in."
That's thanks to our blogging friend Tess if you check on Water for Christmas you can donate on to the Cause.
As Jamie also stated in her blog earlier Julianna has asked that instead of her getting all gifts for her birthday and Christmas's that maybe some people would donate to Water for Christmas insted, now if a six year old little girl can show a little selflessness than why can't I or any of you. I know that this is the hardest times most if us have been through as far as finances go Lay offs are everywhere and unemployment is skyrocketing and all I hear from everyone myself included that this is going to be a poor Christmas. Now lets take a look at that statement what does that mean that most people will not have a Christmas like they used to probably not,as in not as much money spent not as many toys under the tree not that many gifts exchanged and maybe that's a good thing. Maybe its time to get back to what Christmas is really about Christ's birth and the spirit of giving, giving love, time care and help.I know i love getting gifts but I must say I love seeing the joy on peoples faces even more when they open there gifts I made or put a lot of thought into. Now how much joy do you think bring clean drinking to a village in Africa would bring to the children and adults alike, to have water you can drink that's not brown, water that you know is clean and drinkable disease free? Insurmountable Joy comes to my mind most defiantly more joy than a 20.00 dollar toy that is played with for a few months than moved to the toy chest and forgotten about. so please Donate to this cause because if I have to go with out getting a new movie for Christmas so someone in Africa can have 20 years of clean drinking water than so be it. and remember $20.00 is only 1 new Dvd , 4 grande lattes from Starbucks, 1 week of brewing Coffee at home instead of spending 2.25 a day on coffee at Dun kin. 5 kids meals at a Fast food restaurant. I know it also means 3/4 tank of gas half of you phone bill 1/2 os your tv bill money towards grocery's I am not asking you not to spend that money on me I am just asking that instead of buying me a new dvd or something I would love and enjoy Please think of getting me Water for Christmas . thank you and God Bless Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment