Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Not too much going on here lately, just getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We went to get a fresh turkey yesterday, my dad is so funny, he bartered for the bird with maple syrup!! So we now have a 24lb bird residing in our fridge, tonight Maman will take him home and prep him since I am not cooking this year!! The kids loved the farm where we went to get the big bird, they had a llama, cows, goats, a barn cat and chickens, more animals too, but those were in the barn nearest us. The kids thought it was so cool!!!! Even the turkey pens that are now just full of feathers, oh and they had a miniature horse too, grandpa may have to take them over there to visit again in the summer!! On the way home we stopped at a fun playground, and the kids ran and climbed and swung for a bit, Gabe even managed to walk up a swinging board bridge, it requires both hands and lots of balance, and the girls took turns on the zip line, Mia went first and 2nd and 3rd, she is fearless, Julianna had to be coaxed onto it, but after trying it with dads help she loved it and went a few more times, what fun!!!
We have been trying out the new church for a few weeks and like it a lot. The girls went to Sunday school last week, J made a friend and had lots of fun, Mia did not really make any friends, but helped the teacher instead, and still had fun too!! Gabe seemed to have fun, and they did not have to post our number to go get him so it was all good, and he was gentle with the other littler kids too, so a good time was had by all. I do worry about Mia, it is hard when you do not make friends easy, and I want my baby to have friends. I had a hard time making friends as a kid, and often felt disconnected and unsure of where I fit in, I hated that feeling. I now have no friends from school really, not grade school, high school or college, never got really good at making friends until it became part of my job requirement. I don't want that for Mia, she is more sensitive than I am, and it will hurt her to not fit in. I am hoping to be able to meet some of the kids and the teacher for her Sunday school class and get to know them better so I can help her to find a special friend or two, outside of her sister and brother. I am also helping that the Awana group will help her to make some friends and have some fun, nice kids to play with and socialize with. There are also apparently a large number of homeschooled kids in our church, and maybe we can start a group that does social activities and outings, we will see.
We had our 6 month visit last week, it went really well of course!! Our SW is great, lots of fun and loves the kids, they were well behaved and played nicely together while she was here, so our dire threats worked!!Just kidding, the kids acted pretty normally, Ga had to be told not to sit on J, and to share, not just to grab what he wanted. Overall she was pleased that they kids were well adjusted and attached and learning our lifestyle habits well, and when she talked to them they responded appropriately and she was impressed with their grasp of English. We did explain about G's CP and how we are working with Mia in certain areas to help her understand what is said to her, and how we teach to each of the kids differently and how that works. We got a great report for our visit, and now just need to do up the photos to send in and we are all set, YEAH!!! Now we can go to court and finalize our adoption YAHOO!!!!!
That is all for now, I am being begged to start our school work, who knew kids could like to learn so much!!;)
love to all, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte