Thursday, October 16, 2008

A new love!! After a really bad day!!

I had a really bad day the other day, REALLY bad day!! The kind where you keep your mouth shut so that the screams can't erupt and freak out the kids, kind of a day!! After lunch I told Jon I was going out, and he could deal with the kids, I was taking no one with me, just me, myself and I!! I went and did an errand, and then went out shopping by myself, nothing exciting, just the fabric store for material for J's costume, and to wander. It was lovely, even lovelier was that I got gas for this endeavor for $2.87 per gallon, Holy Moly!! Then I headed over to Target, we needed diapers, among other things, so I wandered through the T, looking at anything that caught my eye, but buying very little, I just look and wander. I did cruise the clearance aisle, and found some great stuff there, for pennies, score. Then on to the Starbucks to cap the day, and that is where I found my new love, a Salted caramel hot chocolate. It was a warm day so I got it iced, but the chocolate goodness, and whipped cream with salt and caramel toffee is amazing, I am dreaming of them even now!! It sounds very weird, but I will testify to the life altering loveliness of this concoction. After a dip into dream land with my new best friend, I headed out, and realized that I was ready to head home, I missed the kiddos, and hubby, and wanted to know what they were up to. It was a break I needed, having three little ones has been harder in some ways than I anticipated, and since we have now bee home for 5 months almost, we are really plateauing, and have found our new family groove, but it has a few bumps and pot holes that need to be filled ,before life can run along smoothly. On the up side, when I got home the kids were all happily engaged in art and activities, and hubby was busy working on moving some furniture and cleaning up piles I have long since given up on. So a nice end to the day, and all the kids went to bed easy too, what a life!!
Now I am being begged to start our school day, the girls really want to write their letters and do some math I guess!! I love that!!! Jamie
Ps don't you love the new family pic on the banner, I do!! Jon took it with our camera tripod and the delay picture setting, it was for our post placement paperwork, and it is great!!

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte