Today has been a great day!! Gabe woke up around 6:30, so not too early, and I got to watch a show we had TiVo'd, very nice!! Then we hung out, ate oatmeal, and played a bit before getting ready for church, no rushing for me this morning. Then I went to get ready, and the best thing happened, I tried on a pair of pants my sister had given me, and they fit!! Really, I could pull them up over my hips, and not stretch the seams, and then wonder of wonders, they even buttoned and remained smooth in the front, YES!!!!! This is huge since Julie is like a size 2, and while these pants are too big for her now, they fit her a year ago, but definitely not me, Yeah for me!! Jon likes the fit of the pants too;)! Church was good, the kids were very well behaved, and then after lunch Little G went down pretty easy for his nap and the girls have been quietly playing, and will have quiet reading/nap time in a few. I do have to go to work, bummer, but otherwise a great day!
Yesterday we went to a birthday party for a young friend, and the kids had tons of fun. There were lots of kids there, a swing set, and fun toys in the yard. All of my kids did well, playing nicely, although MB did have a hard time integrating into a group, until she found and hung with J and her new little friends. We have to help MB to open up and make friends, she is still uncertain, and makes better friends with older kids and adults, but J was the same way for a long time too. G just runs around and plays by himself, and along side other kids, but not really interactive play except with the girls, normal for this age group though. While playing with a friends little baby on the swings, I got questioned by a 8 year old boy, he wanted to know where G was from, and why he could not be with his mommy. He did not phrase his questions like that, so I rephrased them appropriately, and answered him honestly and in a way he could understand, and that led to another little boy asking a question too. They were very sweet, and I handled the queries well I think, their mom thought so at least, and we talked about the kids perceptions of adoption a bit. This was the first set of kids I had encountered that had asked about the kids birth mom and place, most are too young to question our not matching, or already know the answer to their questions. It went well, and it was sweet and funny to have these kids be okay with the differences, and still be glad that my kids could be at the party, too cute!!
We are in the midst of planning a neighborhood birthday party, with treats, games, and a moon bounce house(if the weather is good!!), it should be fun, I am planning to make cone cakes, decorated to be jack o lanterns, the party we went to yesterday had a pirated theme, and Amy, the mom, made a treasure chest and used fruit roll ups, and other goodies to decorate it, I may steal some of her ideas!! I plan to make popcorn balls with the girls too as goody bag treats, so many plans in the works!!
I have to go get ready for work now, love and hugs to all, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment