Thursday, October 2, 2008

The sky is falling!!! Or maybe not;)

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" said by Henny Penny, and also by me. I was convinced yesterday that the sky must surely be falling, because suddenly out of the gloom came this bright and blindingly warm light. Everyone knows when it is the END, you walk toward the light, well here was a huge light, hanging in the sky, should I go toward it? Was the sky falling? Was it all in my head? These questions all raced through my head until I realized that, oh it is just the sun!! I had not seen it in over a week, so I had forgotten what it was. How do people live in the Pacific Northwest, with continual gloom? I would be crazy, especially since I hate rain coats, in all their forms. I always have hated to be rained on, if I have a hat it is better, since then my face does not get wet, but continual drizzle and drips annoy me!! The kids got antsy too, they don't mind the rain for brief spurts, but don't like to get drenched either, pants chafe when wet!! We actually went up to Ikea just to let the kids play in the play room and the house rooms. It is the best indoor playground I can think of, and we bought a few needed items, so a very cheap and fun outing for all.
We have been busy this week making thank you cards for people from Amelia, it is slow going, but she is doing it. We bought her pretty princess cards(on clearance of course) and she has been working on them most every night, so everyone should get one in the next few weeks! We have decided to have another party, a Fall party for the kids, to celebrate both Amelia and Gabe's birthdays. This one will be mostly for friends, over at Grammy and Papa's house. A few family who could not make MB's party will be there, like my dad. It should be fun, we are hoping to have a moon bounce house to play in, and games, if the weather cooperates of course. It will be a fun fall time, we may even go dunking for apples, or something similiar(so as to save Little G form trying to drown himself in a bucket of water!!)
Speaking of Little G, he is doing really well with his therapy, making huge strides in his physical abilities, and his ability to identify and group patterns, animals, and colors. I am really pleased, and we will be having him tested so that he can segue into the school system early child development program. He is also doing really well with his sleeping patterns, I did not have to get up with him last night at all, the night before he got up and struggled to sleep around 4, but that was more his congestion in his nose than anything, but once I got him to sleep with me he slept until 7:30, yeah for us!! Last night he fell asleep for Jon, but woke a bit later, calling out for mama, so I went in, but refused to lie down with him, I sat in the rocker. He fussed for a few minutes, until I told him he needed to stop fussing or I would leave, then he calmed down and 10 minutes later put himself back to sleep, good job buddy!!!
Exciting news on the school front too, Julianna read two Hooked on Phonics books all by herself last week, and MB is good enough at her letter recognition and sounds that she is ready to start working on the HOP workbook in reading, YEAH girls!! Gabe is also doing school work, he is coloring, and and recognizing colors, and using both hands to hold the markers too. He started that recently, he will hold with his right hand, and guide with his left on top of the right!! He also works on lacing squares, and building blocks, as well as with picture books to identify items, babies, animals and colors. They all love art time though, we play with play dough, or color with color wonder markers, or make jewelery, they love it!!
Well I have to go, that huge yellow thing is back, and I need to make sure we are prepared for the end of the world!! Love to all Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte