Amelia has a new favorite phrase, "Dokey, dokey!", a bit off but the sentiment is there!! She understands what it means, and thinks that it sounds hysterically funny, so she cracks herself up whenever she says it!! She is too funny sometimes, she thinks she is hilarious and has a hard time getting through an entire sentence without busting out laughing while telling a story!! Silly girl!
Julianna has been in dance camp the last few days, and now what having 2 lids is like, I see how much harder we have it at times with 3. Not just 3 in general, but having "twins" is harder, they are so similiar and need so many of the same things at the same time, and there are only 1 adult available generally at a time, YIPES!! thankfully they get along, but grate eachother like sisters tend to do, then the next minute are squealing(I mean really loud earpiercing squeals too!!) to each other about "watch this!! Did you see me, wasn't that funny!!" The joys of twin girls!! MB has been doing pretty well without J here though, she has been soaking up moms love and attention, and I have been hitting the books hard with her to get her more up to speed with her reading and writing. We have been working on phonics quite a bit having "School camp", very exciting. Thankfully MB does not know it is not really exciting, I let her pick out a new phonics book and some crafty items at the craft store the other day, for $1 each you can't beat it, and she loves her new "school camp" stuff!! Sneaky mom!!
Gabe has been doing really well, he is now working on telling us his needs, and we have fewer tempers and the drop to the floor and cry lately, he is doing really well with understanding what is needed and how to ask for things or tell us things. Poor baby though, his teeth are still coming in, and now he has eye teeth coming in too, the front of his gums is all white and sore, it feels like the tooth is pushing out through his gum instead of up!! He is all but swallowing his hand most days he is in so much discomfort, and we are just about to set up the IV of tylenol for him too!!:) I have been working on his sleep habits with him lately, in the morning if he wakes really early I will go in and be in his room, but will sit in the rocker and doze, he needs to play quietly by himself or read to himself for a while, at least until a decent hour like 6:30 before I can play with him! So far he is doing well with this new regimen, naps he still struggles with, we have had to go back to being in the room for him to fall asleep, but can work our way out of the room as he is drifting off, so we will just keep on working our way out of the room.
I have been reading the book "raising spirited kids", and am now going to say "I am so very sorry Mom and Dad!!" I was a spirited kid, and must have given my parents fits, and am now getting to relive that myself, Yeah for me!! The book is really helpful though, as I now also see that I am a spirited parent and that is is normal for me to be a introverted extrovert, thank goodness, I always felt weird about that!! Jon and I have learned many things about how to deal with the kids more effectively though, and it has helped already just for us to understand their strengths, weaknesses, and how to help them cope every day. Gabe we have found out falls on the very sensitive side of spirited, he is the type of kid that if you try to let him "cry it out" he will just cry harder and longer, and can go for an incredible time having a fit, he cannot calm him self down. So this has been a new experience for us, and dealing with the girls, who are active and spirited, "vivacious, energetic, spunky, and determined" are our new words to describe them, oh and also "DRAMATIC!!!" we are pretty sure they fit this description too;)
Have to go now, I have to get ready for work, jsut wanted to try to be better about updating, oh and Gabe begins PT and ST and his SW has high hopes for him, and has given us some good pointers already, and our first post placement visit is next week already, and I cannot wait for our SW to meet the kids, she will love them!! Oh and both girls have decided that they want to do gymnastics instead of dance this year, they prefer tumbling, I have no idea why, maybe because they are "spunky and energetic"!!" ;) Gabe might do it too as part of his PT since they have a tiny tumblers class too, so cute!!
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment