I finally get to post, it has been a while. I have been so busy with the kids, and being co director of our Vacation Bible School this year, WHEW!!!! Last night was the final presentation for the VBS, and it went well, the kids all seemed to have fun, and the adults all survived, so it can be considered a success!!
So here is a run down of the newest news from the Duponte clan:
Amelia remembered and recited her Bible verse correctly, this is big as her English comprehension does not really run to the KJV Bible language, strange huh!! Also to teach a child to recite on command, and repeat after you is tricky!!
Julianna did really well with the program at VBS, she enjoyed the crafts and songs, and was a good role model for the most part for the little kids and her brother and sister.
Gabe has done really well this week considering it was totally overwhelming for him with all the kids and noise. Poor baby, he was like the china doll of the big kids, they just could not stop picking him up and cuddling him, he never got a break poor baby, I had to wear him in my sling to get him away for a bit. He did learn some new words though, when he was hanging with Katy he learned "I see you!!" and "Jesus and Bible"!! Good job!
Jon was busy all week working, sleeping 3 hours, then getting up to come and help with the VBS, after he built our whole little puppet theater tiki hut, and he took all our pics, plus helped the kids air brush their tshirts with their chosen Amazon animal, but the kids had a great time with him!!!
Well, outside of VBS life has settled into a better routine than we had before, the kids are doing really well, very attached and eager to please, spunky and sensitive, all at the same time!!!! Gabe does not like to be put down for naps or bed now, he wants to see you there, he does not like to have you far away, we need to be close, and since the poor baby is still cutting 4 molars I am willing to sit with him, or outside his room to comfort him. Amelia has woken up with bad dreams a bit lately, but soothes easily now and will tell you about them, then go right back to sleep, she no longer feels she needs to get more cuddles than Julianna, now she will turn to Julianna for cuddles instead of mom or dad sometimes too. She is also getting the concept of consequences, and understands your reprimands very well, so knows what is expected of her better. Julianna has finally adjusted and lost he whine that took up residence with her for a while there!! Thank goodness, she is back to normal, she just had to have some time to understand that whining did not get extra loving, just extra alone in bed time, but her good behavior is being rewarded again now, and she has also begun with her schooling again, and remembers many things I figured she had forgotten, and learned many new things I did not purposefully teach her, good job Julianna!!
I have been crazy the last few weeks, with work, having my dad down(I got up early a few mornings to take the kids fishing with grandpa, so far no fish, but lots of fun and a few crabs in our trap, so a good time all in all!), and working it has been a scramble, I feel like every day has too much to do and so many chores that get left unfinished, YUCK!!!! I hate that feeling, but next week should be quieter, Julianna has dance camp all day, so the little ones and I will work on different things to get them ready to start schooling in a few weeks again in an every day fashion, I am going to miss Julianna though, and I will not be the only one!
gotta go avert disaster and let a dog out!!J
No comments:
Post a Comment