Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poor Kitty!

Poor Tinkerbell, she seems to be getting the brunt of the baby love lately! She is not too keen on it either, but tolerates it with a twitchy tail and a few grumbles. The twitchy tail is part of the problem I think, Gabe cannot seem to resist that fluffy tiger stripe tail, and he just wants to hold it, tug it, play with it, and she does not agree with this treatment. Then there is her food, she has a bin that we keep the food in, and accidently MB spilled some of it the other day, so we cleaned it up and got some dog hair in it, but oh well no big deal. Well just a few minutes ago Gabe wanted to play with the cat food and proceeded to pull out the bin and dump it out, so now the cat will have dog hair balls for a while, YUCK!!!!!
On a nice note, as I have been typing this I have dealing with a small problem of sharing, MB got mad since Julianna was using the stickers she wanted to use, but had put down. MB was pouting in the corner, and Mommy gets annoyed with this behavior since Julianna offered to share with her, so I asked if she was all done and wanted to get up, but no, she wanted the stickers. Julianna tried to offer them to her by giving them up herself(very nice sharing J!) but I am the mean mommy that makes MB ask for the stickers, so we proceeded to have MB ask J for the stickers, audibly even(the nerve of Mommy!). Then MB said "thanks", J "your welcome" and MB had the good idea to unroll the sticker sheet and each took and end and had plenty of stickers, disaster averted, typing resumed, and problem solving skills taught, I am a genius who cannot type well, but can force my kids to deal with an issue instead of pouting and hoping that something will change, instead they affected change(with assistance) and can use this skill in the future, YEAH!!!!!
Another great note, Gabe is using his newfound language skills well, he clearly stated the other night, "apple juice", then this morning he said it again when he wanted juice, then he said "all done", and a few minutes ago he touched my leg and said "tickoo, tickoo!" while giggling, so of course I had to squeal and jump around a bit, and then tickle him back. My baby is getting it, he is really getting English, and I am so happy to hear his new words, and watch him understand new things every day!!
Ok that is all for now, I have snacks to get together, and cartoons to put on, I have a bunch of office work to do for VBS this summer and I need to get cracking on it, so Disney will have to watch my kids for a bit!
Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte