Well I was planning on blogging earlier today but I did not have the chance.. so here goes the random thoughts running through my head......
As a parent it amazes me how you can love a child so much while not really liking them at the moment.......
Do all children say yes I am listening to you while not hearing a thing or is just me.
I found out that my eldest is so smart she all ready knows the whole "repeat the last line in the conversation" to the person whom you are talking to, to prove that yes you are listening
ex...
Me-Julianna I am tired of wha wha wha bla bla to you bla bla bla .......you need to start listening more, do you understand
J- yes daddy
Me than what did I just say ...
J "you need to start listening"...........
now do you know haw hard it is to keep a straight face while having trying not to laugh at a five yr old telling you this.
Today was one of those days I am glad I have found peace in my life because if this was years ago it would have hit the fan....... Well first thanks to my wonderful wife Jamie for preparing dinner it was a rice and burger casserole with carrots and peas. I took the gang outside to play and then put dinner in the oven it had to cook for 40 min. after we came in the kids started to feed the pets and I was checking on something when it all started Gabe went to play in the dogs dish and spilled a very full water bowl the water flowing all over the floor i ran to the bathroom ( its like 2 feet away) grab a towel to mop it up, at the same time getting the girls to come to the dinner table while Gabe had his fit because I told him no playing in the kitchen :(.The timer went off for dinner I need to sprinkle some cheese on it and cook another 5 min when I was putting it back in I dropped the whole thing all over the stove I managed to save enough for everyone to have a little bit to go with the sandwiches I made.After dinner was going to be a little move and pop corn Amelia and I started the movie while Julianna got a time out for Mis behaving at the table. After the movie the kidds hit the sheets I read the girls a few stories and then the battle of late in sues Mia no ten ya no ten ya daddy cuddles and then daddy cuddles and explains that its time to relax and ten ya ....I go give all the girls kisses and then finish comforting Gabe who just woke up . Check in J's asleep Mia playing I tell her ten ya the arguments goes on then I explain to her that she has reached her limit on the warnings and if she keeps it up she will start to loose privileges ( TV ,pool time, Sugar puppy ect...) she got the point and tonight I thing she wanted to see how far she could push it. and around 9:45 she popped out of her room when i came down stairs to get dressed for work. Mia said she had to shinta( pee) then proceeded to pound and drag her feet when I told her to go ten ya when she was done. More struggling and then Yep you guessed it Mia was informed that she had went beond her limit of warnings and lost her tv and pool privileged for the next day. Then the wailing and tears came forth like the great tidal surge I took her out of her bed and placed her on the living room chair and told her time out. I think that's when Jamie ( poor Jamie she got the WHAT DO YOU WANT tone when she )called to let me know that she was running late from work. Then Mia and I had a conversation on the couch about rules and the fact that daddy is tired of going through the same battle with her every night .That's about the time I was thinking not why me or what did we do but rather with the calming grace of God that even tonight yes with all the screaming and yelling and crying that I had a Revelation I am so thankful to God for all he has blessed me with My wonderful wife and all of my children whom as I explained to Mia that even when they are like this I love them so much and would never trade my life its is what it is for all the bad times and 100 times all of the good times......that's when I removed the duck tape from Mia's hands and mouth and asked her to go bed( just kidding) we kissed goodnight and I took her to bed hoping I will be lucky enough to wake up and do this all again tomorrow....may God Bless you all Jon sorry its so long but thanks for reading.... love ya all Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment