Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sheer randomness!

Okay so this is for the family who love regular updates of the babes and all their glory!! It is a random grouping of info and thoughts, funny stories etc that is induced more by the fact that I have been up since 5a than anything else!!
Sorry I had to take a break and sling up little G, I have no idea why he is grumpy and fussy, honest, it could not possibly be that he was up at 5a and it cutting 2 molars, and had a huge dirty diaper, really it could not, could it??!!
Well, little g is doing well with our night time separation, last night he woke up and cried out, but I think he was disoriented by the dark, his night light was out, bu t he went right back to sleep a few minutes later. This morning he woke at 5 but played by himself for about 30 minutes quietly, so a good amount of time, I was impressed, but of course awake and listening the whole time. We have since had breakfast,, cried, played Little people, and mega blocks, and are now slung across mom's back while she types, a busy morning indeed!! On a side note, Uncle Chris, the Little People farm is still a big hit, both girls go in and play with it with Gabe, and love it, it gets used every day or two, though right now the zebra is trying to hatch a set of eggs, I might call the zoo about how this might work out in the end, will I make a million for the first set of flying zebras?!
This morning brought on a spate of new words too, "don't touch!" "Up", "Bree and McKade"(in response to looking at photos on the fridge), and "all full"( in response to the Little People Ark being too full of people and animals to fit more and close!)
Well I am sure you have all seen Jon's gorgeous pictures of the kids last weekend, aren't they fabulous, the kids I mean, the pics just capture their gorgeous spirit and joy!! They had so much fun just running and climbing trees, it was great fun!! After that we went by my Inn to say hi and talk about my return to work, and the kids ran around the kitchen quite a bit, and completely exhausted my bosses!! And people wonder how I have dropped 10lb after having safely delivered 2 kids!!!!!;)!!
Well yesterday we had a meeting with the Early Intervention, apparently we have a really good program here in the South Coast area, we qualify for no cost physical therapy, occupational therapy and water therapy for Gabe, YEAH!!!!! This is great because when Gabe segues out of the program this fall on his third bday we can then move to the school provided program, and utilize that for as long as necessary, all while homeschooling!!
In terms of homeschooling we are starting to work a bit again with all of the kids, keeping Gabe busy during this time is challenging, but soon he will join in the work too, right now he is working on his mad crayon holding skills, and his fabulous coloring skills. Mia is starting at the basics, her letter recognition is good, but her ability to hold a pencil and use it correctly is a bit sketchy, so we will start at the beginning with her, and J will keep on working on her writing and reading skills, but will be sharing her reading workbooks with MB soon I think.
Well Jon is so far doing well with the kids by himself at night, they are all getting fed, washed, brushed and off to bed pretty well, and there is no pile of dishes in the sink, so life is good. He has been going in to work early this week since the girl he works with is on vacation and he needs to cover for her, so we have not seen much of each other lately. Funny note, last night the girls called to say good night while I was at work, and MB was telling me about her cookie daddy gave her (he made fresh oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!), and about playing outside, and about daddy doing her hair, and how everyone in the house was sleeping, Gabe, Cricket, Dakota, Tinkerbell, then "oh no not Cricket, Cricket no Tenya!!" Giggle giggle, Cricket was not sleeping and upon hearing her name she walked over to MB looking for loving!
I have been busy at work, tidying up after being gone a month is tough work, but things are about back to normal and I have a handle on getting things done at home in the morning then getting to work on time in the afternoon, and getting home in time to kiss the hubby before he walks out the door. During the day we have been busy lately, no lollygagging for us, I have had to be the super mom and be on poop patrol, YUCK!!! We have had to go through this same thing 4 times now, fresh sample, take to the lab, the first 2-3 times they lost, messed up or said I go the sampling wrong(how I ask you do you do that?!) so we have since switched to a closer lab and gotten the right sample bottles, and sent off a nice set of fresh samples yesterday, so soon we will have an answer on the parasite question, and we will also have to do follow up on the Giardia tests to see if we got it all, so more poo patrol, Oh the joys of motherhood!!!
Gotta go now, since it has taken me 50 minutes to write this all up with interruptions, a second breakfast for he who will not be named, and cartoons for the good girls along with cereal, and now I have to get ready for the day, I am off, like a, like a. . . Well I can think of no clever comparison, so I am just simply off!! J

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte