I have found some cool new sites(I have had lots of time to do google searches getting up at 5am;) )
so here are my new faves, and they are really cool, I am going to even post them to our adoption forum they are so good!!
If you have tons of paperbacks sitting around your house(Patti this is aimed at you and Nana!!) go to www.paperbackswap.com, there you can list books for free that you want to get rid of, and they have a huge swap library, you get free books for every book chosen by another member, you just pay the shipping and book rate is cheap, so it is a great way to get good like new books, if you go and sign up please use my name as a referral, and my email, jmduponte@verizon.net, I will get points, then pass your name along to others and you can get points, cool HUH!?!
To go along with the paperback swap they also have links to CD swaps and DVD swaps, I have not done this yet, but a cool program!
www.babybargainsusa.com, this is like a consignment shop online, they have tons of great things, and good prices, the shipping included in the price paid. The site takes a fee from the payers price, and then sends a check to the seller every few weeks, just alike consignment, but they have nice things, name brand stuff not too expensive, I plan to list a bunch of kids things on there soon, they have a big selection that changes often, so check it out!!
Another cool thing I have just discovered is the Champ Ladder, it is a system for you to use with your kids to discipline and reward behavior. The program has been around a while, and has done well, it is personalized for your kids and they can understand and use the system easily. It also teaches consequences and the program is very well organized with all things clear and concise, we plan to order one very soon. I was not sure if we would be able to use it for a long time before we came home, but MB understands English well, and also cause and effect, so this should work well for the girls, since they will be responsible for their own behavior, and mom will no longer dole out punishments, they will have to give them to themselves. We will keep you updated on the progress of the program once I get it ordered.
Last thing I have found recently is at shaws.com, you can sign up for emails and they send you specials and coupons that can only be found with the program, like this week I printed up coupons for $1 off blueberries, and $1 off wild harvest organic tortilla chips and eggs, good deals, these are not available any where else but the program. It ends up being a nice savings, and an easy way to plan my shopping since they print out a grocery list for you.
Well that is all for now, I have to go save Julianna from Gabe's raspberries, he has just learned how to do these and is happily blubbering anyone with bare skin who is still!!
happy bargain hunting, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment