Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Officially 1 month home :) WOW

Officially 1 month home hard to believe I thought time flew bye with one child now it zooms bye. As a 1 month anniversary this weekend (Sat) Jamie and I purchased a new fuel saving wagon that's fits all three kids and has a small trunk. Well with the Vue down going on three months now we had to do something. Its great and the kids love it we have already put on over 5 miles in just 2 days. The only problem is it does not go that fast and is a permanent convertible Expedition, I know can you believe that they make one it put out by Radio Fl yer. We purchased the family size it weighs 30 pounds empty just add the 100 pounds of kids and let me tell you we live at the bottom of a big hill and it seems all the bigger when you are lugging the wagon up it.
Ok in mt last post I was "venting" just a little bit but Jamie and I brained storm some ideas about the bed time battle ( a good General always is on the look out for new battle plans) and low and behold I have hit the jack pot. Friday night I introduced the kitchen timer into the tenya routine with great success, I set the timer for 30 min and explained to the girls what I expected them to do in that time clean up, brush teeth, potty, drink there water we read stories then its daddy cuddle. At first they where a little against it and just sat on the floor playing when I told them that when the timer goes off it's tenya time no matter what if they get story and cuddles it's up to them, it will not be my fault if they run out of time.With that said they where off and we ended up with 10 min of cuddle time before the ringer went off, I got up said goodnight Daddy love you and left the room no crying no calling me back 5-10 times nothing it was great. It has been working so well that when Jamie put the girls to bed Sunday night they asked her where the timer was and Monday morning when I got up Amelia tadled on Mommy and said Mommy no ringer Amelia said mommy story ,cuddle then bringgggg and tenya but Mommy NO No ( shaking her finger back and forth) ringer and I told Mommy she needed ringer. It was great I just had to laugh.
So with one month down I feel that things are progressing way better then expected so much so that I forget that they have only been home a month and expect Way to much out of everyone. Gabe really impress Mommy the other day there was a book lying on the floor and I told Gabe to please pick it up and put it away Jamie said I don't think he understands ( little did she know I have been working with him on picking up) He picked up the booked walked into his room and placed it on his book shelf. He is doing great with his interaction and words he is learning to say please and to ask for stuff not just holler and wail. Tonight Julianna's Dance awards got rained out ( remember the wagon with no sun roof ya t sucks in the rain) so we stayed home and watched Camp Rock Gabe was even getting into it singing along with is own songs of course.
Julianna ans Amelia are also doing their fair share trying to teach their little brother to say please and ask for stuff its really cute Julianna will have something Gabe wants and is not asking for and Amelia ans Juliann will demonstrate the correct way to ask( see Gabe watch this Amelia will say Julianna please , Julianna will give her the drink or item and then Julianna will do the same thing to Amelia its great seeing them interact this way. well there is so much more I would love to go on about but I have to get back to work Love you all and God bless

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte