Well we have arrived in Ethiopia made through costumes? and are all a bit snippety due to lack of sleep and hunger I am waiting in the lobby of the Hilton with all of our bags (due to an early arrival we have to wait 5 hours until we can go back to the airport and get our ride to the care center. The Hilton was nice but they would not hold our bags so we had to lug them to the lobby and leave them there while Jamie and Julie went to lunch Julianna slept and I nodded in and out of a nap. When the ladies made it back from lunch Jamie took me for a coffee, she was great she through this all together in 4 days it was a little rough because we were all a bit snippety to her and looked to her for where to go ( because she had a whole 5 days to through it all together and knew exactly where to go? A big old SORRY honey). We took the shuttle from the Hilton back to the Airport ( I guess if you hang out in the lobby long enough for a shift change they think you?re a guest) the shuttle driver was very nice and took us down some back roads it was very nice we was goat herders small shops and a lot of shanties all steel shed where a lot of the Ethiopians live in the city. Here we are waiting at the airport and no that?s not all the luggage there are two bags not pictured.
When I look at the Ethiopian people I see a very beautiful people all very kind. I not think I meet a rude Ethiopian yet even they armed guards at the airport where nice . Here are a few pictures from the airport
here is a view from the airport . this is Jamies ?lego tree? because she thinks it looks like one of the trees that you build with legos. a view of the mountains it?s a bit over cast.
and last picture of the day is of sunset.
The only scary part of the trip over for the ladies was the ride to the care centers guest house, at night apparently there is no traffic director so its very crazy no traffic signals or anything. When you come to a four way intersection the way you go through it is who ever pushed there way through wins ( kind of close your eyes and hit the gas). The part we found scary was all the people walking around and into traffic with out worry . well we made it to the care center I will take some picts today. Very nice has a big living room kitchen on the main floor you go down a flight of stares just watch out for that fifth step ( if you been here you will get that). Our room is on the second floor room 201 very big , we have a balcony a king bed double and in the middle a toddler bed. The bathroom is huge with a nice shower and a changing room. Well that about sums up the day its five o?clock some where and that here except its 5 am. God bless and love you all Jon
Friday Trip of a lifetime day 3:
Well today was the big day the day I was looking forward to meeting the kids Mia Bear and Gabe. Well the day started out a little ruff I was up at 4:30 am trying to blog see upper part but we lost power so I will continue today. We went down for breakfast around 8am and Julianna an back upstairs to ?get sick ? around 8:05 am . I think jet lag and a little bit of water drinking (not from the bottle). So with a sicko in tow we headed off to meet our newest children, first we went over to meet Gabe he was in his room with some other toddlers I spotted him as soon as we walked in he came right over to us ?and loved my spider-man tattoo ( all the kids loved the spider-man)Gabe took right to us and julianna even in her groggy sicko state. We were able to take Gabe with us I held him in my lap on the ride over to visit we made to Mia Bear?s school as we waited to see her Julianna got sick all over the couch ?Julie stayed with Julianna as we went to meet my little girl. Gabe walked holding our hands and we walked down to Mia bear?s class room and meet her she came right over and said Mommy ,Daddy hugged us and gave us kisses we went to play with Mia Bear and Gabe in there playground it was fun and a little kerflemped . we played for about 20 min. and then we went inside to see Julianna she was still sleeping on Tia she came around long enough to wave Hi and play very little. Mia Bear is very mothering to her brother she tries to pick him up and console him when ever he was fidgety. They are both so beautiful I really only started to tear up when Julianna woke enough to play a little with her younger sister. And when Julianna fell back asleep Mia Bertu covered Julianna up with her swanky . We said our good byes and hugs and kisses then had to head over to the guest house for lunch and then we left Julianna at the care center with Julie around 1:30 for our meeting at the Chsfs center went over the next week and received a tour before going back over to visit Mia Bertu. We played with her and bonded for another hour we brought her a Barbie (a pretty black girl with great hair)she loved it we played bubbles and ball it was really nice, Mia Bertu is a cutie just like Julianna and also just as ticklish. We finally go to meet the other family to day Craig and Jamie ? the Jamie and add his brother Eddy very nice we hit it off very well they are adopting a little 5yr old boy so cute with lashes that most women dream off.When we returned to the guest house Julianna was running around and felling better. Well I most go battery dying and still have no power at 7pm lots of love and God bless
well no pictures because I cannot load them but I will try to upload file. lots of love to everyone miss you all having a great time. and to our friends A and B we passed the Vets.(haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment