Well Right now we are air born heading to JFK to have a layover until we hook up with Julie. I can not really begin to tell you what emotions I am going through Fear, joy, excitement just to name a few. This morning at work I was gitty as a school Girl the only thing I can truly relate this to is when Jamie told me 5 ½ years ago "I went into labor. I told Jamie at the airport just before we left that this is our "labor" the next few days until we get to finial y meet our newest children. Our friends where over the house the other night with there daughter from ET to give us a lot of support and tips about where to go ect… They are pregnant due lat fall ( just the opposite of us, we were pregnant first then Adopted) and we were talking about loving your children and that "instant attachment " and the saying you will see when you have your own….errrrr….. well I was saying that I have seen the children's Pictures and read about them ,and do I love them ? Well I was like yes and no I really don't feel a huge attachment to them I mean it has been 17 weeks since we received our referral don't get me wrong I have no doubt in my mind and my heart that these are my children but I have yet to really learn anything about them. That all changed when I woke up Monday morning and read Jamie's note saying we got the best email!!! I was ecstatic to find out that the email was the progress report on our kids as I was reading the updates and seeing the children s pictures I felt lkie when I first held Julianna wrapped around there little fingers, the tears of joy running down my cheeks I was in love with two children I have so longed to hold and love. I truly can't thank God enough for the Joy he has instilled in my life I am counting down the minuets until we all see them and hold them in our arms. Waiting for Julie we have made it through JFK wow its huge we had to take a tram to head over to Emmriets air them I soloed back to claim Julie . I will update as soon as I can. Untill them please continue to pray for us as we are soon to do in the chapel at the air port ( yeah you would have never have heard me say that a few years ago) well I love everyone and blog to you soon thanks to all for the support and God bless you all with the Joy he has blessed me with.
I have been thinking last night and today about meeting the children's mom I am very excited and would not miss that for the world, its part of why I am going to Ethiopia. I was thing of asking to say a prayer at the end of the meeting I am not sure I am not good at that sort of thing. But I have this strong voice in my head ( God maybe ) showing me words and a prayer this is what I have come up with ( Dear God please bless all of the families hear today for today. As we embark on our new life's of newly built families but most of all bless the children and there original parents whom like you giving your only begotten son so that we sinners could have eternal life with you lord in the greatness of Heaven. Have done something that I myself could never bring myself to do and that is give a life for my children so that they could have a better life full of uncertain chances Like God Giving us all his only son you to have given us more than any of us could ever give and for that lord Jesus please bless us all)
Is it 2:00pm or 10:00pm I don't know I am still tired but am already transitioned to the Time change It helps that I sleep on a crazy schedule working third shift and all.The flight over was I think one of the best flights I ever been on I somehow managed to wedge myself in the corner and get about 5 hours sleep, at last I was the only one who really got any sleep besides Julianna who had about 4 hours. Juliette was bragging at the beginning of the flight about how she had a whole row of four seats to herself unfortunately being the nice person she is before she was able to stretch out and nap another passenger asked if there daughter could use 2 of the seats to nap for a few hors because she wasn't feeling well. About 7hours later the girl was still there but taking all the spare seats…. On a good night I was able to see a few movies Jumper,Rush hour 3 and The Golden Compass. We will see about what's up for the trip home. The flight crew was amazing they feed us like crazy we had 1 dinner 1 brunch and some snacks. The kid meal for breakfast was berry Belgian waffles Julianna was in heaven she was also given a travel bag full of cool things like a stuffed lsheep in lions clothing. Very cool when we landed we received a hotel voucher for a 1 night stay at the Millennium Airport Hotel in Dubai. We had a nice dinner and went to bed. The room was petty neat the power lights all worked off of your room card ( or as I so cleverly deducted it even works with a movie card all you need is a magnetic strip Jamie and Julie could not sleep ( yeah they will be real peaches in a few days). They decided to go down to the lobby and read around 3:30 am. Well its now 5:00 am I must be getting back to packing up everything and go find the ladies. TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment