Well this weekend has been fun, if a bit crazy at work. My bosses daughter and her family came to visit for the weekend, so that was fun. Her little guy is just a month younger than Gabriel, so I got to enjoy being with a 2 year old boy for a while. AJ(the little boy) is so funny, he has a great sense of humor and it was fun to talk to him and play, but it does make me want to go get Gabriel and cuddle him, and play "where's momma?!?!". It was fun though, and an education at the same time. It is so true how you forget the little things(and the big things too!) that each stage brings, and I am not sure if I had forgotten how adventurous and busy Julianna was at that age, or if she really wasn't as busy as AJ seems to be. He was off and looking at things, touching things, always on the go, I do not remember Julianna being that go-go-go, but maybe that is what is allowing me to take on another two, that "mommy memory" :) It was fun though and good to see Grandad playing with the babies!!
Well easter is coming, and upon arriving home today I learned that next Friday we are hosting an egg-stuffing/Wii party. The eggs will get stuffed for our church easter egg hunt Sunday, and then when the work is done the kids can play the Wii, Amy and Katy have one too, so they will bring their controllers and our living room will be a sea of adolescent arms wildly flailing(anyone want to take bets on the number of cuts and bruises that will result?!) It should be fun though, Kathy is getting the candy, and Jon has to get 300 eggs, yes I wrote 300(2 zeros!!), this is what Kathy stipulated as the number to get, they will have to hide them all before church too, they may need to arrive before the sunrise service even starts to get it done!!! I will miss all of the excitement of the hunt, but will likely get a blow by blow account from Julianna. Speaking of Julianna, today I came home from work and said"I need some love and someone to talk to, Julianna come talk to Mama about your day" She responds form in the living room"I am busy watching dad play the Wii, talk to the dogs!!" Well this response was not the desired answer and I let Julianna know in no uncertain terms of that, by stalking her, tackling her, and tickling her until she squealed, and tickling her more. This lasted until she told me to stop so she could tell me about her split open mouth, and all the blood and tears, oh the drama!!! So now she is running around with a 4leaf clover foam head on(picture will follow in a day or two) being silly and funny before dinner, which daddy is being sweet and making while I type, what guy!!!!
Gotta go do my part and make salad!! Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment