So, we have made it through court with no hiccups, and now are one step closer to our children. I have a bunch of paperwork I need to fill out and take with me, this and our passports are the most important items in our lives the next few weeks! I have recently spent a half hour on the phone with Delta, a very nice lady figured out about how many airline miles are required to travel where we need to go, anyone want to donate or gift us miles, we are welcoming all givers, we will send you Xmas cards for life in exchange!! The booking part of this travel will be the most difficult part, since it is logistically complicated, and we have only a few weeks to make plans, but I am hoping to book flights next week(a deadline for all those who want to donate!) and then if the dates need to change they can it will just cost a nominal fee to transfer it, but the hard part will eb done and we will just try to push it back a week!! I say this like it is easy, but honestly, many folks plan trips like this months in advance, so the flights we can use our miles on are limited, and the days we can fly more so, I will be using many cell phone minutes to do this, thank goodness for free nights and weekends!!
I also have to begin packing our donation totes. I have found a couple of ride on toys to take with us, they were at a yard sale, but are sturdy and should last through a few more kids jumping on them, off of them, and general beatings. Toys need to durable to last at the Care Center! I also have craft supplies and a bunch of clothes for AHOPE, and a bunch of books too, they need easy reader books for their new library, and since we love books this was a no brainer about bringing some! I need to get these packed up though and ready, and I can even pack some of our clothes, since the weather in Addis in April is usually warm and early summer like(compared to here)so I can pack our capris and tshirts, and some light sweaters, things we are not using now. This will get me half done, and I will feel accomplished, and this is important to keep my stress level down. For Amelia and Gabriel I am planning to buy a bunch of stuff at the local goodwill store, then if we leave it behind I will not worry about it, just more space for coffee, spices, silk scarves, carved figures and the like. The only things I will bring for the kids that will return home for sure are their jammies, I bought Spiderman jammies for Gabe, and Julianna and Amelia have matching jammies too, so these will return, and of course they will have coming home outfits too(probably cleaner and tidier that mommies at that point!) so that they can greet their adoring fans looking their best!
Okay enough getting ahead of myself, I need to get some housework done, and head out to the gym, I have a few pounds to shed if I want to fit into my capris in a month!!!
Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers, Jamie
1 comment:
Hi my family!! My new grandchildren, as, I can offically say now on the web are beautiful. I tear up everytime I read the blogs and look at their pictures. I only wish that I did have sky miles for you and that things were better so I could help you financially, but, love will have to surfice... and Grammy has so much love, the kids are going to be squished with love and kisses. Can't wait to hold them close and whisper I love you, just like I do to Julianna. Thank you for my newest grands!! Love, Grammy
Post a Comment