Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Updates, Updates, Updates!!!

I love our email, it seems like every day we have something new and exciting in our in box. Travel instructions, donation lists, webinar times, yesterday it was an update for Amelia Birtukan!! I was so excited to see it, she is growing fast, she now weighs more than Julianna and is an inch or so shorter, Julianna keeps growing taller every time we get these reports!!! We also got a new picture, and my girl is rockin' some great curls!!! Now I need to talk to my friends to find out what kind of combs they use for parting, braiding etc, all the fun girly stuff!! Later today Jon will post her newest picture on the floating photo bulletin board to the right of this post.
In other news, I have almost gotten Gabriel's room all painted, and it looks good!! Jon helped roll on some of the color, and cut the crown molding(GGRRR that stuff is such a pain, but now it is up it looks great!!), and I painted the stripes, and am now working on the pinstripes. I started trying to make thin straight stripes in a dark blue, but soon discovered why I will never have a job detailing piant on cars or tatooing, I cannot draw a straight line if my life depends on it!! I use a paper cutter for everything, including wrapping paper, and it still comes out crooked!! I can draw crooked with a ruler, so doing this free hand was a fools dream!! I did a handful of stripes but it is tiring so I stopped and went to bed, the next morning, when Jon finally noticed he said the wavy line idea was nice!!!! I informed him that they were straight, and he tried very hard not to laugh too much!! I looked at them again, and sure enough the lines were really more wavy than straight, so now I have gone back and made them intentionally wavy,. and they look fun, kind of circus tent like!! I also painted all the trim for the room last night, and we will get that installed today, once I am done painting my wiggly lines!! I will post pics soon of the finished product.
Update three, when you are done and your adoption is almost to fruition, you are not done with the paperwork!! I just printed off a ream of pages that need to be filled out to take with us, these papers alone may take me over my 15lb carryon limit!! The worst part is that there is a right way and a very wrong way to fill them out too, and I do not want to screw it up, so CHS semds a dummy version too for assistance, so more reams printed, and I am still confused, but will some how wade through it all and get it done, I have to they need to be filed in Addis!
Last update, Julianna has a new best friend, Jesus. She told me so yesterday, she made up a song and dance about her best friend Jesus, and how he loves her and she loves him, and she has a friend in Jesus, who always is there for her. It was a totally unprompted little display, but very cute, although I am not sure Jesus is interested in the hip shaking, head bobbing dance that accompanied the song, but it was heartfelt so that must count for something!! One more funny thing, yesterday at breakfast Julianna started doing a pantomime, and she asked me to guess what she was doing with her hands, I told her I was not sure so she gave me a hint. She said"it begins with an s, SSSSSSSS(the hissing sound of a phonetic S), can you guess what I am doing mom?" while moving her hand back and forth. I guessed sawing, but was wrong, so she gave me the next letter, and A, and told me it sounded like "SSSSAAAAA(soft A sound)", I still could not guess(bad guesser!) so finally she told me she was sanding, and proceeded to spell it out for me in case I did not get it in word form, WOOHOO, my girl is a speller!!
Gotta get ready for work, hugs to all Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte