Saturday, January 26, 2008

Yucky Day in Duponte Land!

Oh what a day, it started out well, and went along smoothly, but I should have just stayed at work and enjoyed the peace a bit longer, because it all fell apart when I got home!! Poor Cricket, when I let her out after getting home I noticed she was walking funny, so I gave her a quick check, and found a huge infection in her scent glands by her bum, poor baby, she could barely move because they were so uncomfortable, so while I am trying to go online to a pet medicine website she finally digs at them and cuts it open, oh grossness, thank God I am a mom with years of experience under my belt, it was nasty, and I had to drain the abscess infection, Yuck!! If that is not bad enough I find Jon swaying and pale, mumbling about needing to go to bed, he feels awful, Great!!! What cosmic game is going on today over my head!! So Julianna and I end up running to Petco with Cricket in tow so we can get her a Elizabethan collar, some antibacterial wound spray and a nifty mediwrap thing(pink with little purple hearts, what will they think of next!). We had to do this since when I called the emergency vet they said the office visit was $150 and that was without treatment or antibiotics, YIKES!!! I do not have $300 to blow this weekend, so off to Petco we went, and I have never been so thankful for a sensible person as I was when I found the girl in the pet meds aisle!! She was a doll and even helped carry the stuff and the dog. So fast forward to the house, Jon is hugging the toilet, Julianna needs to be fed, and Cricket needs to have her bum sprayed and wrapped, and I have not even taken off my jacket yet!! Then after I get all of the aforementioned things done I have to go out to get Jon some Coke, Gingerale, Pedialyte and crackers, Good grief they should just bundle the stuff and mark it "Potion for Puking" or something equally catchy, the girl ringing me up just looked at it and tried to hold her breath the whole time, she did not want to catch what I was carrying I guess!!!
Well I am on duty again, Jon is again awake and I need to check his temp, then off to bed for me since it will be a restless night I think, J

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte