Monday, January 28, 2008

we're official

Well, we are official, our acceptance has been accepted in Ethiopia, and is off to wind its way through the court systems of the country and the US consulate. It is a tedious and nerve racking process that will take on average 3 months, so we hope to travel in late April. But with so many people handling the papers and so many details that can be changed/omitted , accidentally, I will not rest easy until we have copies in or hands of birth certificates that say, Birtukan Jon DuPonte and Bethlehem Jon Duponte, their new legal names until we readopt and and rename them here in the states. But a big YEAH!!!! the papers are on their way, and now I need to get moving on making the albums we are sending to the kids, I have Gabriel's all color blocked, and just need to add pics and the recording, I got these cool albums that you can record a 15second message for each page, so we will record us talking to the kids, and singing, and even reading our favorite books, so they will be familiar with our voices and fave stories. But I have yet to start Amelia's, I think I will do it similar to a book I might make for Julianna, same fun bright colors and flowers, butterflies etc, I hope this will be fun and intriguing to her. Gabe's will be more about manipulating parts on the page, and hand eye coordination and tactile stimulation since this is where he is a bit behind according to his doctor and nannies.
Right now I ahve to go though and help Julianna get ready for bed, and read a story, I wonder which it will be tonight, Tumble me Tumbily, You are my I love you, or her poems book with IF, and the Jabberwocky(she is a fearless little thing sometimes!) Gotta run, hugs to all J.

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte