Yeah I can finally announce it to the world, Jon and I have happily accepted the referral of a little girl and her little brother!!! I am so excited and overjoyed, and glad that I can finally say something!! I have avoided blogging all week because I was waiting for the pediatrician to okay the standard blood workup, and Jon and I were making sure that this was what we really wanted, so it has been a long week of soul searching, but we are at peace with our decision to expand our family with these two wonderful and gorgeous children!! I cannot wait until I can post pics!!!
I was telling Jon earlier that if this referral info had come up a few months ago we would not have considered it so closely, our hearts were not open to the possibilities, but when we got their medical file on Monday I read the whole thing before looking at their picture, and I had this gut instinct that these were "the ones". Adoption is such a leap of faith, and I made that leap again when I looked at Jon and told him that these two were perfect, and he had come to the same conclusion, but we slept on it for 4 days, the hardest 4 days ever, for all of us, since we told Julianna a day or two later. These children are not at all what we requested, but they feel so right and as if it was predestined!! Even more amazing is that a while ago, in the early part of December I dreamed of us, it was July and we were at a concert and I was holding this little boy, of about 2, and behind me on the grass were Julianna and her little sister playing and picking flowers, and I just felt so content cuddling this little boy while he watched the boats go by, and hearing little giggles, the night I had this dream our kids arrived in Addis!! All along we have treid not to be gender specific either, but Julianna insisted that she was getting a little sister and a baby brother, and now she is, she just knew.
Oh, I guess now I should tell their names too, DUH!!! Amelia Bitkutan(means orange, like the fruit) is 4.5 almost, and Gabriel Bethlehem is 2. Julianna and Amelia will be just 9 months apart, and the agency has okayed our "twinning" the girls, not every family can make it work, but Jon and I are home so much with the kids that it should work our fine!!!
So now we just wait and pray for a speedy court date and travel time, but for now we are giddy and besotted with our two new wonders, and wowed by the joy of our first born wonder, we are so blessed!!!!
Love to all Jamie
1 comment:
Congrats!!!!!!!
We are so happy for you guys. We remember the feeling. Good luck thinking about anything else for the next few months!
Brenton & Amanda
Post a Comment