Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh dear it is a sad day in our house!! Yesterday we woke up to find that a few of our fish had died, we have lost Sapphire, Allie, and Mocha. Jon took some fish tank water to the pet store and they did a quick test and found out that our ammonia level was too high, so we need to teach the fish to use the potty and not just the whole tank. Potty training fish should be fun, it only took 6 months to teach Julianna!! Actually we had to treat the water, and feed the fish less, and change out the water again. I had no idea that a fish tank could be so persnickety, I used to own a Beta fish and I didn't have to do anything for that guy, just feed him, but these spoiled little fish have different types of food, a heater, an organic rock for algae growth, and a shell bubbler. I insisted on the fish food, the rest is all Jon, but in my defense for different types of food, the fish would eat the flake variety, and spit out the orange food flakes, so we had to get the little bead type too.
Julianna is doing pretty well with the loss of the fishies, she is sad, but is learning that sometimes things die. Julianna also knows that she can replace those fish when we get the tank all clean and ready. I am not sure if it was a god idea to plant the seed, but a long time ago we told Julianna that when Dakota died he would go to doggy Heaven, so Julianna wanted to know if the fish had gone on to fishy Heaven, and were swimming in a huge and wonderful tank. I had to say yes, so now we have many Heavens in our world, but it is a comfort to Julianna, and she thinks that Grampa Ralph will take care of the fish and feed them, so it is all okay.

On a totally different topic, Happy Birthday to Jack, his party was yesterday, and even though he was sick he did a good job with all of the people, and had fun with his cake. I missed the gift opening, but he got some cool toys and will have fun with them I am sure. Happy 1st Birthday Jack!!!
Now I must go and shovel, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte