Thursday, January 10, 2008

life without the internet

It has been hard, the last few days we have not had very good internet service(I think Jon forgot to pay the bill!) I have been unable to get on the check email very often, maybe 1 time in the last 3 days, The pain and torture!!! I was finally able to send an email yesterday, and sent one quick to our Social Worker, she is the most important person in my life right now!! I tried to post here too, but lost our connection, sorry!!! It amazes me how much I depend on the internet now, last year I could not even figure out how to blog, now I do it regularly, a few years ago I could not surf the web at all, now I can google anything, but still cannot figure out how to post pics here, that is the goal for this year I think. I can send pics to snapfish and CVS though, such a great service!! It is sad how addicted to the internet we are though, I check our adoption forum daily, and our email 2-3 times dsily, but I have friends that check every hour, that is dedication!!!
Well we are still waiting on news from our SW, I did email her, and she has sent our questions and referral requests on to the powers that be. Jon and I have modified our referral request so many times now that I have this mental image of a large poster board, with Jon and Jamie written on the top, and below the referral request, girl to 3 years, younger sib to 24 months open, then that crossed out with red pen and below more hand written notes of our change to 3.5 year girl, 36 month open, then more red ink and below written in now very messy scrawl, open gender to 4 years, no more changes allowed!!!! I am sure our SW is tired of seeing my email address come up with the subject line referral request, but we have grown and refined as the time has passed what our ideal sibling set for our family would be. So we are now ready to open our home to a sibling set with 1 girl open age range to 4 years, but no triplets, Jon still refuses to accept a triplet set!!! Can you believe such nerve, I am all ready to take on 7 month old trips!!!! Yeah right, after having Jack here for the New Year, I am sure3 of him would tear up the house, and eat all the sockets, and the lead based Polly Pockets still floating around!!!(just kidding Heather, I hid the lead Polly's:) )
Well my internet fix has been fixed, so I am off to check the forum one last time and then on to do some chores, Yippee!! J.

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte