Thursday, December 20, 2007

We have had a busy week, getting the sis from the airport, and a mad rush to get Jon to work on time, a trip to see the Christmas lights, on a damp and chilly night, shopping, baking, shopping, wrapping, and oh yes more shopping. It seems that I am only half aware when I am in the grocery store of what I need because I keep having to return to get something else, GGGRRRR!!!!! I am blaming my distraction on the lack of a referral, and that is that. Thankfully a family right before us just go their referral for a little boy, so now it is just us and another couple requesting sibs, so bring on the referrals. It just feels right now as if this adoption is a reality only in our heads, and that it will never really happen, these children who inhabit my dreams will never inhabit my home and heart. It is very frustrating, and this is all made harder by the recent news that the time between referral and travel has lengthened considerably, as is now closer to 4 months, so yet more waiting, sniff, sniff, sniff!!! I am hoping to just get through the holidays without sobbing uncontrollably at an inappropriate moment. Thankfully the days will be so full of activities and running around that I will not even notice the time passing, and then it will be 2008 and we will be that much closer to our children, yes I am feeling a bit like Pollyanna, but it is my parade and I will have all the clowns and balloons I want to make myself feel better!!! Now I have to go eat a ton of ice cream and go to bed, love to all, Jamie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
My name is Heather, I've checked your blog here and there from the CHSFS forum. You have a darling family. I was just checking in to see if you had a referral yet. Should be any day now. Good Luck, I know how hard this time is especially during Christmas. Once you get that referral you will know why you waited so long. Take Care. My blog is www.heatherhatch.typepad.com

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte