Giving thanks, I try to remember to do that every day. I am thankful for my health, my family, my home and job. I am thankful that I can give Julianna so many kisses it makes her squeal, and that I have Jon's strength to lean on and trust in. I am incredibly thankful that Jon and I have the ability and the desire adopt, and to fully embrace the heritage and culture of our new children.
I have found in the last few years that thankfulness is not just something you are, but something that you do. You need to act on your thankfulness, and show your thankfulness, for life and all that you have. I have learned to be thankful enough for what I have got, and to give some away to those who have less.
Being thankful, and sharing the wealth is important to Jon and I , and we try to practice this every day. We have started helping Julianna to understand the concept of sharing, donating, and helping out others in need. We show her that we give money to the homeless we see, share clothes and home items with those who need them, and this year Julianna will learn first hand about donating to those who have less by requesting that all her friends who come to her birthday party bring a toy for the toy drives. Julianna thinks this is a good idea and hopes that she gets some really fun things to give to kids who might not get anything else.
Julianna's heart and spirit are something I am very thankful for, this is something we have actively encouraged and will to continue to foster. Julianna said that she was very thankful for her family and her warm bed and her yummy dinners, and for her fuzzy bears too, so she has a great deal to be thankful for, and she is every day, although she and daddy did have to recently purchase and read the Bernstein bears get the gimmies, to discourage any excess of I wants this holiday season.
Well I have to go to the other thing I am thankful for, my job, I love my job and am eternally thankful for bosses who are so cool, and so fun. So now I must go and make more coffee, something I and grateful for and bless the folks who grow it(Ethiopians of course!!)and stop rambling. Sorry about the ramble, Jon has just returned with his black Fridy purchase, a large TV, and he is currently thankful for all of the above plus the fact that he has such a wonderful wife who is not totally irritated with him and the mess he's making. He is currently happy as can be and I am thankful for that too!!!
So don't forget to count your blessings, and be thankful for what you have, love to all Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment