Sunday, August 5, 2007

Living and loving my life!

Today was a great day!! I woke up at 8:15, got a cup of coffee and let the dogs out, the temp was in the 70's and sunny, and no humidity. Gorgeous!! Julianna and I had a bit of quiet time before we had to wake daddy and get ready for church, then we headed off to meet Grammy, Nana and Pop for coffee before going to be uplifted by our Pastor and Worship In Song. The sermon was so engaging that the 90 minutes flew by and it was time to collect Julianna from Jr Church and head home.
Since I had a few hours bofore work I decided to get some yard work done, so we amde PB and J sandwiches and headed outside with the dogs to mow and weed. The weather was perfect, not too hot, but breezy so I got lots of weeding done, and Jon got things tidied and trash gathered. Julianna of course got the best job of all today, washing the living room rug. A few weeks ago Julianna got ahold of some bubbles and accidently spilled them on the rug, well today I spread out the rug on the lawn and set up the sprinkler, and Julianna had to run around on the rug and "scrub" it with her feet under the sprinkling water. Boy it is hard to be a kid!! Today was the type of day though that made me want to throw back arms and race through the cool drops with her, squealing all the way!!
Instead on the way to work I tuned the radio to the oldies station, and cranked up the tunes. There is nothing better than driving down the road with the breeze blowing through your hair and the radio playing so loud you can feel the rythym in your soul. I had a great ride to work, the Beach Boys came on, I got a bit of R-E-S-P-E-C-T!, cruised in a Pink Cadillac, and topped it off with Jimmy Buffet. I felt like a teenager again, and did not care one bit about the funny looks people gave me, I was having too much fun and the day was not going to be wasted on negativity. Now I am at work and still having a good day, I am just chilling out, tidying up and listening to good music on CMT, sadly though I have to keep the volume down so I don't bother the guests, but otherwise a good time. Jon and Julianna are having a relaxing and fun evening and tomorrow will be another beautiful day to spend with my family, living and loving my life!!!!
I hope everyone is having a good day, and that you too sometimes get a bit of time to feel like a teen again(minus the acne and teen angst!!!)
Love to all and God Bless, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte