Well, Fate is a real bugger sometimes!! On Sunday it was such a great day, with gorgeous weather and a fun day all around, but what had slipped mind about Sunday was that while I was out gardening I stepped on a bumblebee and it stung me. Not a big deal, it hurt and stung a bit but then went away, so still a great day, sort of. Later on Sunday evening I started to feel icky, headachy and nauseous, but took a few Tylenol and felt better, so off I went to home and bed.
Unfortunately feeling better did not last, around 4am I woke up and my foot was driving me crazy, itching and burning, so I figured I had an infection from the bee sting, I had gotten one a few years before. I could not get an appointment until 1 so I suffered a stinging and burning foot, and finally went to see the doctor. She took one look at my foot and told me - You have a BEE ALLERGY!!
What I have never been allergic to bees, but she said the swelling was too much for just an infection, it was surely an allergic reaction. So I got a prescription for an antibiotic and also an Epipen, which I now have to carry every where with me, since if I continue to get stung it will get much worse, and very dangerous if I get stung nearer to my heart it can be deadly.
So while I had a great day on Sunday the rest of the week has been a bit of a bugger, I could not walk very well and my foot hurt so bad I had to sit with an icepack on it all day, and even had one tied to my foot all night long. I can now move about fine, but my foot still stings and itches uncomfortably, and now I have to be careful in the garden, and that bothers me more than anything else, Oh the humor of the Fates!!!
Oh well I will be fine, and with my Epipen and flip flops I can garden to my hearts content.
Love to all, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment