This post is something that has been taking shape and circling in my brain for a while now so here goes:
I was suprised recently to be referred to as "a woman", by a friend. I never think of myself in terms of being a "woman", when I think of myself I see me as a "young girl" or "young lady" (think of sweet grandmas saying this, that's the image I get;) ) And here is a someone I regard as a "woman", strong, mature, capable, etc: and she was referring to me by this title, WOW! This was sort of a AHA! moment for me, think big light bulb going off! Very cool
Seven years ago I got a tattoo, it is a wonderful and symbolic piece of art that I love. My tattoo depicts a tiger emerging from the wings of a butterfly, like it is emerging from a chrysallis, taking it's new, stronger form. This is how I felt I was growing seven years ago, just months before Jon ans I got married. Now years later I think I am finally living up to the potential of my tattoo, finally fully emerged from the delicate, fluttery wings of the butterfly. It has been a long journey, one I am not sure I really took note of, in its totality before now. I now feel like I am reaching my potential in my role as provider, strong partner, leader, mother tiger. There is still more to learn, and I am sure that I will grow further in this role, and will become stronger, more capable, more protective of mine, but for now I feel I have earned the title "woman", and all the power, in myself, that this speaks of.
So to my friend, thank you, for assisting me in searching myself and discovering that I really feel like a "woman"! Womanhodd is a great club to be part of and I thank all of you who helped me to reach it safely and with enough insight to see that the journey is just beginning,
love to all Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment